Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Throttle cleaning procedure - Yaris 2012

amron

Today I've experienced vibrations while the vehicle was idling at traffic lights, like the engine missing one cylinder. those vibrations were gone when I accelerated when resuming driving. my journey was about 30 kilometers after which I've parked for about two hours and then drove back. from the minute that I've turned on the engine to driving back - the engine ran smoothly as ever. I was told that cleaning of the throttle body should be done. I would like to ask for your advise if indeed that's the cure for it and if so, I'll appreciate any guidance how to carry this out. one more thing - is it reasonable to find this problem on an engine after running only ca. 60k kilometers?  

Hi, it is possible indeed a dirty throttle body to cause some rough idle and even to set the car into limp home mode. If that was the problem in your case however its hard to say if there are no engine warning lights to suggest so. Cleaning is an easy procedure and you can do that but running a diagnostic before hand might be a good idea too in case there are some fault codes stored into car computer. The issue with dirty throttle bodies usually comes more apparent when whether is hot as the valve can become sticky.