Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DAB Issue?

Roy124

Yesterday DAB simply did not work but later, after switching off it worked properly.  I don't know if it was my area transmitter (Waltham). 

Today DAB worked but although all the channels displayed I could not change channels, but after switching off it worked properly. 

Anyone got thoughts? 

I've once had DAB, Amazon via Android auto and bluetooth - ie all "digital" media services/playback not work. Pulled over, switched off and on, all good and never happened since...I put it down to a glitch.

Ty, just hope it stays as a glitch until I get the new car. 

My last car reboot was easy if inconvenient.  Switch off, get out, lock car, wait 30 seconds....... 

Press and hold the Audio off/volume knob for 10-15 sec's this should perform a soft reset

Flash, thank you. 

Woof, yes, for 2 years. 

I am sure there is no connection, but isn't it strange how some faults appear immediately after a service. 

It’s a known issue with dashcams

pull out the wire and run it along the other side of the vehicle

not sure why it just happened now though

that is weird 

maybe ask the dealer

4 hours ago, Woofwoof said:

not sure why it just happened now though

that is weird 

maybe ask the dealer

Or change the car, which will be in July 😁

On 2/18/2022 at 4:25 PM, trashman1965 said:

I've once had DAB, Amazon via Android auto and bluetooth - ie all "digital" media services/playback not work. Pulled over, switched off and on, all good and never happened since...I put it down to a glitch.

No need to pull over, press and hold the power button until the screen goes blank then release to reboot

On 2/18/2022 at 4:32 PM, Roy124 said:

Ty, just hope it stays as a glitch until I get the new car. 

My last car reboot was easy if inconvenient.  Switch off, get out, lock car, wait 30 seconds....... 

No need to pull over, press and hold the power button until the screen goes blank then release to reboot

i dont suppose by any chance you have any of these in your car? i used to use a couple of these for my various "toys" in my car which i need as part of my taxi job, had nothing but issues with the DAB signal dropping in and out all the time, sounding like it was underwater or just plain not working at all, turns out it was these adapters i was using (cheap pound shop ones), as soon as i unplugged them everything worked as it should...............just a thought ;-)

cig2usb.jpg