Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Android Auto question

NeVeREire

I just picked up my new Corolla Touring Sport - and for the first time I've the option to use Android Auto, and it works fine.

But my question is, how can I exit android Auto and use the normal radio stations while its still connected? I know I can use something like TuneIn radio app, but I'd like to know if it's possible to exit android auto, and even go back into again without having to unplug it and then plug it back in. 

thanks.

I took a video.. I can't exit Android Auto once it's running.. what am I doing wrong? 

I press the buttons.. I don't have a home button in the top left.

Are there different types of Android Auto?

If you press the mode button on the right hand side of the steering wheel you can change the audio back to FM. From there use the arrow buttons to cycle through the stations.

1 hour ago, NeVeREire said:

I took a video.. I can't exit Android Auto once it's running.. what am I doing wrong? 

I press the buttons.. I don't have a home button in the top left.

Are there different types of Android Auto?

While it would be good to be able to use Android auto, but does not the MY22 Smart Connect system is connected to internet already via built-in module, thus all info are updated over the air. I  think it comes free for 3-4 years.

So there are no physical buttons on the sides of the screen on my22 infotainment? 

I had the same problem. There are no physical buttons on the head unit. By trial and error, I find touching the Toyota button sometimes works.

I find touching the apps a bit of a hit and miss affair. Toyota need to hire the multimedia people from the Audi/VW group. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, camellia30 said:

So there are no physical buttons on the sides of the screen on my22 infotainment? 

Nope, there aren't any. That's the main way of knowing if you have a MY22 or not.

3 hours ago, Slumppy said:

I had the same problem. There are no physical buttons on the head unit. By trial and error, I find touching the Toyota button sometimes works.

I find touching the apps a bit of a hit and miss affair. Toyota need to hire the multimedia people from the Audi/VW group. 

They really don't. I have a 21.plate Skoda Kamiq (Picking my Corolla up on 1st) and the infotainment system is appalling and massively buggy.

21 hours ago, Ian.S said:

Try touching the Toyota icon. 

This works.  

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/19/2022 at 10:37 AM, Slumppy said:

VW's is not good. Surprisingly, Kia's was the best one that I came across. 

Go to the app list and tap Toyota to get back to the regular infotainment

On 2/19/2022 at 2:35 PM, Danharvey said:

They really don't. I have a 21.plate Skoda Kamiq (Picking my Corolla up on 1st) and the infotainment system is appalling and massively buggy.

I cancelled a Kamiq SE order owing to the fact that they have even downgraded to manual rear windows!!

Looking forward to my 22my Corolla 

20 minutes ago, Kental said:

I cancelled a Kamiq SE order owing to the fact that they have even downgraded to manual rear windows!!

Looking forward to my 22my Corolla 

Keep fit rear windows in 2022 😯

10 hours ago, forkingabout said:

Keep fit rear windows in 2022 😯

Tell me about it on a £24k car!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Good day. 🙂
I need your advice.
My car Toyota Camry V55 2015.
I have long been thinking to replace the original car stereo, and  install Android.
I do not like the original system, on youtube I found information, also a product that fits.
Found this option, the product seems good to me, wanted to check with you who have already installed it similarly.
Do you have a similar experience?
Thank you.
P. S. I am no some spammer just need some help with it because without experience, thank you for understanding))

image.gif