Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Alloy Wheels

billyboxer

Just gave my '03 Celica a good wash after a trip up and down the country and I spotted what looks like corrosion lifting the upper surface of the alloy wheels.

Anybody else had this problem ?

It's due in for a service next month,do you think I should ask them to repair/replace them ?

They are genuine 5-spoke Toyota alloys and I think they should last a bit longer than 18 months!

Cheers!

Ive a gen7 m8 and mine are s***t aswell. Getting mine refurbished. Very common prob apparently. Degrades it dunit. Mr T will change them 4u. Ull have loadsa replies to this thread m8. :yes:

loads of gen7's on here had this problem , all got new wheels off mr.t

You should be able to get your alloys replaced under warranty. I have had the same problem with 2 sets of alloys on my '02 Celica. Apparantly its a common problem and Toyota have replaced the alloys under warranty, the first time in 2003 and then again last month.

The bubbling and corrosion is a manufacturing fault that Toyota are aware of so you shouldn't have any problem getting them replaced assuming that the vehicle was purchased under warranty in th UK.

Yes, this is a very common problem (also on the rev5 mk2 MR2).

Happened to a mate of mine with his Lexus IS200 - he just recently got all 5 alloys changed under warranty. Must be costing Toyota a fortune, and it's been going on for years.

Like the man said, you'll get loads of replies re this thread :) The 'Style' 17" 6-spokers are the most prone to bubbling of the lacquer and as others have said Mr T will / should replace 'em under warranty (SO LONG AS YOU HAVEN'T CURBED 'EM). If you have curbed 'em then Mr T is far more relunctant to swap 'em over. The original 16" 5 spokers are also prone but less likely to do so. The T Sport 17", on the other hand, seem to withstand the elements far better. AFAIK, though, they are all made by Fondmetal?

Habu :)

thats pretty s***ty mate , defo a manufacture fault.

• 2 weeks later...

Result!!!!!!!!!

Just got the car back from it's service and they've ordered 4 new wheels to be fitted free of charge.

Thanks for all the advice!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links