Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tech pack with Heads Up Display

Big_D

We have a Yaris on order with the Tech Pack option. The good Lady wanted the Blind Spot Mirror option which come with the pack. As part of the Tech Pack we get the JBL sound system and Heads Up Display. I'm trying to find out what this Heads Up Display is like to use.  

Has anyone taken delivery of a Yaris with the Tech Pack option, and can they give me some idea of what it's like?

I got the tech pack specifically because I wanted the HUD!

It's projected onto the front windscreen and you can move it about up/down/left/right within a small square.

It auto brightens and dims depending on conditions so it's usually quite visible although is defeated by massive road glare and bright reflections (Like the LED headlights off a very shiny car in front!)

It's a proper HUD, not like these naff reflection ones that sit on the dashboard, so it's slightly collimated and appears to 'float' slightly in front of the car. Another benefit of the collimation is it also can't be seen except by the driver or anyone in a cone behind the driver, so people peeking in from the side can't see it.

You can select what it displays - Mine shows speed, engine revs and what (it thinks) the speed limit is. You can change the rev display to the hybrid power bar, and if your one is a newer one with navigation it can also show the route directions and a compass. (I'd really love a compass display but alas...!)

I just love having it because I'm aware of my speed at all times and don't have to look down at the dash - Since having a collimated display in a Mk1 Yaris, I've found they really help reduce eye strain/fatigue as I don't have to keep switching focus between the close dash and the far outside world.

• Like 5

If you are like me you will love the HUD, basically reasons explained by Cyker.

• Like 3

Had HUD in a courtesy car not so long ago. Loved it. My next car will include this option if possible.

• Like 3

Thanks for all the replies.

This is great news to hear. I know it's part of the Tech pack, but I think we got a bonus here. Now the wait for it to arrive continues.

• Like 1

It'll be worth the wait - The Yaris Mk4 is a real gem! :biggrin: 

• Thanks 1

On 2/19/2022 at 9:03 PM, Jasper. said:

Love it on mine , plus it's easy to see when you're running on the ice or battery..

how does your do that ? I have the meter bar that says if im charging,eco or in power according to my revs. but not the EV indicator i always have to look down to the dials for that and see if the green EV light is on.

On mine the HUD is set to show RPM, so I can tell if the engine is running by the fact that the RPM is more than zero :laugh: 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, GR Weasel said:

how does your do that ? I have the meter bar that says if im charging,eco or in power according to my revs. but not the EV indicator i always have to look down to the dials for that and see if the green EV light is on.

Exactly as Cyker put it..

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Jasper. said:

Exactly as Cyker put it..

didn't think of that lol, of course.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

Ive just bought the Yaris Cross Prem ed, no extras.

Has anyone got any idea how to change the HUD? (heads up display) Im hating the nav compass icon and for some reason its not showing Nav on the HUD, any ideas? Itll show it on my screen and on my dashboard.

All the HUD configs are in the driver's display - Assuming the Cross is like the Yaris, use the steering wheel buttons to go to the cog/settings thing, OK, then scroll to the HUD, hold OK, then you can select what the HUD shows.

My instructions suck so you might be better off reading the manual!

Haha, thanks!

Although the manual says the same thing as Graham47 on the 19th Feb.

So Ive no clue atm.

Does the Cross come with NAV element in the head unit ?

If not I assume you can’t have NAV configured in HUD.

Hi Graham47

It does yes. The JBL head unit has built in Nav.

So atm, I can get Nav on my dash, in front of me, but not as a head up display. I'll try and get you some photos, cause it cant just be me. I cant seem to find any videos on youtube to help either.

Theres videos on youtube, which show Nav on a Yaris Cross, via the HUD. But... Im not sure whether thats for the UK model or not.

On 3/28/2022 at 4:30 PM, Lxz said:

Hi all,

Ive just bought the Yaris Cross Prem ed, no extras.

Has anyone got any idea how to change the HUD? (heads up display) Im hating the nav compass icon and for some reason its not showing Nav on the HUD, any ideas? Itll show it on my screen and on my dashboard.

Settings are accessible on along press of the HUD on/off control. I have the same problem regarding navigation - setting says it's on, navigation is active but HUD continues to display lane assist or compass. Very annoying!

On 3/29/2022 at 10:32 AM, Lxz said:

Hi Graham47

It does yes. The JBL head unit has built in Nav.

So atm, I can get Nav on my dash, in front of me, but not as a head up display. I'll try and get you some photos, cause it cant just be me. I cant seem to find any videos on youtube to help either.

Theres videos on youtube, which show Nav on a Yaris Cross, via the HUD. But... Im not sure whether thats for the UK model or not.

I have the same problem. No nav on HUD despite it being enabled.

On 2/19/2022 at 8:17 PM, Graham47 said:

592E7EFF-E0D9-43B9-9EF3-D932B805F73D.png

B8FFF74C-6AA6-44A4-8B58-9E5D6F50FB9C.png

6C99DD87-D11A-4FD8-A40D-3ECDD19828CF.png

Thanks for this Graham. I have checked the settings and Navigation is ON for HUD but I still do not get any navigation data via the HUD. I am going to see dealer on Thursday so will update after that.

On 2/19/2022 at 8:17 PM, Cyker said:

I got the tech pack specifically because I wanted the HUD!

It's projected onto the front windscreen and you can move it about up/down/left/right within a small square.

It auto brightens and dims depending on conditions so it's usually quite visible although is defeated by massive road glare and bright reflections (Like the LED headlights off a very shiny car in front!)

It's a proper HUD, not like these naff reflection ones that sit on the dashboard, so it's slightly collimated and appears to 'float' slightly in front of the car. Another benefit of the collimation is it also can't be seen except by the driver or anyone in a cone behind the driver, so people peeking in from the side can't see it.

You can select what it displays - Mine shows speed, engine revs and what (it thinks) the speed limit is. You can change the rev display to the hybrid power bar, and if your one is a newer one with navigation it can also show the route directions and a compass. (I'd really love a compass display but alas...!)

I just love having it because I'm aware of my speed at all times and don't have to look down at the dash - Since having a collimated display in a Mk1 Yaris, I've found they really help reduce eye strain/fatigue as I don't have to keep switching focus between the close dash and the far outside world.

Hi Cyker, have you been able to get the navigation turn info displayed on the HUD? Mine is refusing all attempts! I can get lane assist and compass but whatever I try, no navigation data 😞

Sorry, I have a normal Yaris so I don't even get Navigation! (Despite there being a dedicated button for it on the head unit!)

I think someone else had the same problem and had to take it to the dealer to have something tweaked?? :confused1:

Anyone get any more information on getting the nav data displayed.  I cannot get it on the HUD either although it can be selected in the settings !!

Do you have the "Audio system link display" (musical note icon) what settings do you have under Settings - HUD then press and hold the OK button