Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tech pack with Heads Up Display

Big_D

Latest update. Took new car (Yaris Cross) back to dealer. Dealer kept it for a day and returned it saying 'Computer says all OK' so we are raising a technical with Toyota. That was a month ago. No response since then despite a couple of chases. I fear this not an easy fix and wonder if the issue is the JBL unit? I will post more as I get it.

On 3/28/2022 at 4:30 PM, Lxz said:

Hi all,

Ive just bought the Yaris Cross Prem ed, no extras.

Has anyone got any idea how to change the HUD? (heads up display) Im hating the nav compass icon and for some reason its not showing Nav on the HUD, any ideas? Itll show it on my screen and on my dashboard.

I have the same problem. Do you have the JBL head (speaker upgrade)?

Thanks for giving us an update; Keep us posted!

I swear someone else had the same problem of the HUD not showing navigation directions and had to goto the dealer to get it enabled or something, but I can't find the post :unsure:

30 minutes ago, Cyker said:

Thanks for giving us an update; Keep us posted!

I swear someone else had the same problem of the HUD not showing navigation directions and had to goto the dealer to get it enabled or something, but I can't find the post :unsure:

My dealer has been unable to fix and has raised a 'Compass Case' with Toyota.

• Haha 1

I guess they need some direction...

• Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...

This is still not resolved for me. Dealer contacted Toyota but have had no response in a month. Pretty poor, TBH. I would just like an answer. If that answer is 'It does not work with JBL head' that's fine (if disappointing).

On 2/19/2022 at 7:14 PM, Big_D said:

We have a Yaris on order with the Tech Pack option. The good Lady wanted the Blind Spot Mirror option which come with the pack. As part of the Tech Pack we get the JBL sound system and Heads Up Display. I'm trying to find out what this Heads Up Display is like to use.  

Has anyone taken delivery of a Yaris with the Tech Pack option, and can they give me some idea of what it's like?

Have a Yaris Cross with HUD and it's great - really clear and bright but not distracting - was one of the things husband insisted on - we have it in the Countryman as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, JimH said:

This is still not resolved for me. Dealer contacted Toyota but have had no response in a month. Pretty poor, TBH. I would just like an answer. If that answer is 'It does not work with JBL head' that's fine (if disappointing).

Which head unit do you have ( excl JBL ) :

• Touch 2, has silver buttons on side of screen and two knobs
  • Smart Connect, no silver buttons & one knob

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/9/2022 at 4:41 PM, CraigB123 said:

Anyone get any more information on getting the nav data displayed.  I cannot get it on the HUD either although it can be selected in the settings !!

Hi.

contacted Toyota support about same problem.

apparently if you have the all singing all dancing Smart connect(this comes with a cloud based satnav) then you are out of luck. Even though as you have seen you can turn it on in the menu. It only works with the touch 2 system. ☹️
hope that clears it up for you

regards

Steve

I have the Yaris Cross Premium and went for the city pack which downgrades the screen to the touch2 but adds the parking system, 360 camera view and the HUD shows the navigation. I was lucky that I had the technical engineer at the dealers explain all the extras that the downgrade has. This lost me the auto connect wireless to "Android auto" but I always plug the phone in to enable charging so was no concern for me.

• 1 month later...

Turn-by-turn directions on the HUD has been fixed in the latest Smart Connect (9" infotainment) update.

1.22.072   48.7 MB

Content of update

• Slovenian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Estonian, Croatian & Serbian language menu
  • Display of navigation instruction in heads-up-display (if supported by vehicle)
  • Alert for level railway crossing
  • Improvement of positioning accuracy
  • Fix for speed cameras/zone not being displayed in some conditions

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/7/2022 at 5:14 PM, IT Troll said:

Turn-by-turn directions on the HUD has been fixed in the latest Smart Connect (9" infotainment) update.

1.22.072   48.7 MB

Content of update

• Slovenian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Estonian, Croatian & Serbian language menu
  • Display of navigation instruction in heads-up-display (if supported by vehicle)
  • Alert for level railway crossing
  • Improvement of positioning accuracy
  • Fix for speed cameras/zone not being displayed in some conditions

I can confirm that this update has enabled this functionality (finally). However. It is a little glitchy with the directions appearing and disappearing in a slightly random way. But I am pleased Toyota have fixed it. To confirm this is now working with the JBL head and the Toyota navigation system. I have not yet tried Apple CarPlay navigation. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links