Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav 4 plug in remote app (ios)

jamiem1987

Hi all eagerly awaiting the delivery of my rav4 plug in - just wondering if anyone can give me some guidance on the remote functionality i’ve got some queries on below:

- with the my t app can i remote cool / heat the car to a set temperature or does it just activate the blowers to ventilate like my current bmw?

- can i also activate the heated seats using this app?

- say its ice’y outside and the windscreen is needs defrosting, can i activate the  front and rear demisters to defrost the car remotely with the app?

- is yes to above does using the app to do this start the engine at all or will the car just use the Battery or mains if plugged in to the charger?

Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, jamiem1987 said:

Hi all eagerly awaiting the delivery of my rav4 plug in - just wondering if anyone can give me some guidance on the remote functionality i’ve got some queries on below:

- with the my t app can i remote cool / heat the car to a set temperature or does it just activate the blowers to ventilate like my current bmw?

- can i also activate the heated seats using this app?

- say its ice’y outside and the windscreen is needs defrosting, can i activate the  front and rear demisters to defrost the car remotely with the app?

- is yes to above does using the app to do this start the engine at all or will the car just use the battery or mains if plugged in to the charger?

Thanks in advance!

It will heat or cool to the temperature you set in the app for 20 mins. You can also set the front and rear demisters. It does not start the engine, although oddly, if you use the front demisters when you are in the car, it runs the engine. I believe the remote functions run from the Battery but if you are plugged in, the power starts to charge the Battery again.

As for the heated seats, I'm afraid not.

As Nigel has said, if you are tethered to a charge cable, even the 240v granny cable, the heating/cooling/defrosting power will be taken from the external supply leaving the traction Battery fully charged.  The MyT app will even set a schedule for each day so if you go to work, whatever that is, at a set time each day then the car will be charged and the cabin conditioned/defrosted. You can set each day to an individual schedule.  The key fob can be used to just condition the cabin no defrost functions.

you can easily heat the seats the above information is not correct. if you leave them switched on when you exit the vehicle it will automatically turn them on when you use the app 🙂

• Like 1

On 2/21/2022 at 8:25 AM, KPG said:

you can easily heat the seats the above information is not correct. if you leave them switched on when you exit the vehicle it will automatically turn them on when you use the app 🙂

I didn't realise that. I thought I'd left the switch on by accident previously and didn't notice the seat was warm after activating the cabin preconditioning but I'll definitely give it a try.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nlee said:

I didn't realise that. I thought I'd left the switch on by accident previously and didn't notice the seat was warm after activating the cabin preconditioning but I'll definitely give it a try.

Interesting.

Please tell us if it works.

I tested to leave the seat heat on in my Prius PHV 2018 and started AC/cabin heatig with AC button (have no app) on the key but it didn´t work

Interesting about the heated seats.  However, will this still work with the Dynamic Premium, which has soft buttons (not switches) to activate the heated seats?

Furthermore, if the seats were switched on when the car was left, will they default to 'on' when it is next started?

23 minutes ago, Centaur said:

if the seats were switched on when the car was left, will they default to 'on' when it is next started?

Yes ... it's a simple three position switch that remains in the position it was last in. There's nothing fancy in my HEV, but if I leave the heated seat(s) on low, they stay on low; or on high; or off depending on the previous switch setting.

Edit: I probably should have read the whole question before answering the second half!!!! 😁

• Like 1

On 2/21/2022 at 9:25 AM, KPG said:

Sounds nice.

Nice feature.

I´ll go for a new RAW 4 PHEV test drive this friday and I´ll try that

9 hours ago, HSDish said:

Sounds nice.

Nice feature.

I´ll go for a new RAW 4 PHEV test drive this friday and I´ll try that

Do make sure the car has the EV traction Battery fully charged, there is little point in driving the car unless you can experience the EV drive system then switch to the HEV mode.

• Thanks 1

Thanks.

I have told the dealer to make sure that the traction Battery is fully charged and I will ask the dealer if I can activate the heated seats, when theyre left on, using the remote (or AC button) app.

Made a test drive with a top trim level Demo Raw 4 PHEV 2020 at my local dealer today and tested to start seat heat (when they where left ON) with AC button on car key but it didn´t work. Coluldnt try with the app though since I had no MyT installed connected to that specifik car.

Realy liked the car though så we will trade in our Prius+ 2017 and our Prius PHV 2018 for that specific Demo RAV 4 PHEV next monday 🙂

• Like 2

On 2/21/2022 at 9:25 AM, KPG said:

Now Ive tested our "new" RAV 4 PHEV 2020 with both MyT app and AC button on the car key and both connected to a external charger, with the charge cord connected and unconnected but... the seat heat will NOT start, even if Ive left them on when exit the car. Even tried to chose the front and rear defrosters on and of but it didnt help either

I’ve never managed to get the seats on either.

• Sad 1

Fairly sure the seat heating won’t come on if the seat is unoccupied: My last car (BMW X1) was like that, and the RAV4 definitely has sensors in the cushions, which is how the setting for the Climate Control to only serve the driver if alone works (Also the seat belt warnings).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links