Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hardwiring a dashcam

Woofwoof

I’ve been advised to be careful of the dab radio when hardwiring the rear Dashcam unit.

which side should I string the cable through?

right or left?

is there any way to get all wires out the way without pulling trim pieces off?

I would definitely wire on the left hand side, the DAB cable runs along the right 

If you prefer not to mess about with removing trim there is plenty of room to tuck wires up behind panels/roof lining 

I had the Toyota official (Nextbase) front and rear fitted before I took delivery - the rear is routed to the left (passenger side) as seen from the hatch so that kind of supports that theory.

Also, the trim that is over the rear high level stop is a simple push fit. Very easy to remove.

4 hours ago, trashman1965 said:

I had the Toyota official (Nextbase) front and rear fitted before I took delivery - the rear is routed to the left (passenger side) as seen from the hatch so that kind of supports that theory.

Also, the trim that is over the rear high level stop is a simple push fit. Very easy to remove.

Was this fitted by main dealer and did you arrange it after ordering the car?

Is there a way of routing the wire through the rubber tubing to the boot lid next to the brake and reverse camera cabling?

Does anybody have instructions?

2 hours ago, OTS84 said:

Was this fitted by main dealer and did you arrange it after ordering the car?

Yes, fitted by dealer. I arranged it at time of order.

1 hour ago, Woofwoof said:

Is there a way of routing the wire through the rubber tubing to the boot lid next to the brake and reverse camera cabling?

Does anybody have instructions?

This is how mine was done. It was also how folks used to do on the Auris. I understand there's plenty of room in the tubing though heard its easier to remove to thread it through although it's apparently a pig to refit.