Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My T update -remote park?

CBphev

My t was just updated and I now have a button for remote park.

Unfortunately app crashes and closes eveytime I push the new button (android phone). 

What does this exiting new button actually do!!??

I've updated the MyT. Still no Remote Park. Nothing seems to have changed

I have also just updated the app. but nothing seems to have changed either (iPhone).

Mine is version....

general_version 4.9.0 (30140)

What version have you guys got? I have messaged Toyota to ask for help and will report back.

I've got it, but just causes the app to crash on my phone.

I googled it; seems to be a means to park the car when stood outside it (2022 vehicles onwards apparently); not sure it would be legal in the UK, unless on private land. It seems meant for the US market.

21MM Remote Park (custhelp.com)

Personally, I'd just like an option like remote locking on the app.

Agreed, ability to check if car is locked and remote lock would be good.  But for now... The option no longer appears for me (but same app version still) 

Screenshot_20220222-072259_MyT.thumb.jpg.6ea61845a19c24ec4152731d8c223c7f.jpg

Unbelievable! I've got a Remote Park button ... and it works!

I have the Remote Park button but without bluetooth on it crashes the App.

Wonder how long before another update removes this waste of space ?

1 hour ago, philip42h said:

Unbelievable! I've got a Remote Park button ... and it works!

So what does it actually do?

I opened this topic on the Corolla thread yesterday, same results as reported here. 

I believe it is legal here.  A friend of mine had it on his BMW 5 years ago. Clarkson demonstrated something similar on Grand Tour with a Tesla. 

I think it might actually be safer than park assist.  I found PA scary with the way the steering wheel spun as if by a juvenile ghost and the feeling you were going to drive onto something.  In practice it would probably slam the brakes on which is as starling.  I also found it appeared to be slow as you normally just drive up, stop and reverse.  With it it was stop, inch and then shut your eyes. 

With RP at least you can check for obstructions properly.  It might just be better than you and perfect for car wide garages or spaces where you can't open the doors. 

If it does come in MY22 I see it is shown in Bz4x which makes sense as it won't need a conventional gear change. 

22 minutes ago, BigR1ch said:

So what does it actually do?

Not a lot ... I was being a naughty boy and trying to wind-up the PHEVies ...

I do have the button, pressing it doesn't cause the app the crash or anything untoward but takes me through the steps to set-up and use the remote park feature and that's about as far as it can go. My car doesn't have any self-parking functionality so psychic remote parking would be a bit of a stretch ... 😉

I do have PVM though ... 😉

It would be a useful feature for those who have garages big enough to get the car into but not big enough to allow the driver to get out of the car once the manoeuvre is complete. Likewise for very tight parking spaces ...

• Haha 4

10 minutes ago, philip42h said:

Not a lot ... I was being a naughty boy and trying to wind-up the PHEVies ...

I do have the button, pressing it doesn't cause the app the crash or anything untoward but takes me through the steps to set-up and use the remote park feature and that's about as far as it can go. My car doesn't have any self-parking functionality so psychic remote parking would be a bit of a stretch ... 😉

LOL. I also have the button. pressing it with bluetooth on Crashes the app. Switching bluetooth on it opens then tells you to switch on bluetooth, once that is done, it flashes up and crashes the app.

Obviously well tested, before release. :bangin:

Same for me, like I said on the other thread, I have fed back that remote locking would be far more useful.

3 hours ago, CBphev said:

Agreed, ability to check if car is locked and remote lock would be good.  But for now... The option no longer appears for me (but same app version still) 

Screenshot_20220222-072259_MyT.thumb.jpg.6ea61845a19c24ec4152731d8c223c7f.jpg

The app does tell you if the car's locked or not but no option to remotely lock it which I agree is a great feature. Not sure why Toyota hasn't got this as the two lowly Astras I had before the Corolla had it.

Response from Toyota (great service)

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your email, I'm sorry you're experiencing issues with the app. 

This feature is only available to our testing and preview environment, this should not be visible in the released app and we are working on removing this feature as it is causing issues with the app. 

The is being worked on as a priority and will be removed from the app shortly, in the meantime I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused. 

If you are still experiencing issues with the app please delete and re-download. 

Thank you for your patience and for contacting Toyota. 

Kind regards,

Amar

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, FiestaRed said:

The app does tell you if the car's locked or not but no option to remotely lock it which I agree is a great feature. Not sure why Toyota hasn't got this as the two lowly Astras I had before the Corolla had it.

Can you tell me where in the app I can see if the car is locked?

Accidental pre-release?

This has got Agile written all over it.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CBphev said:

Can you tell me where in the app I can see if the car is locked?

The MyT Home page shows a padlock type lock that is either in the open or closed positions. I think it shows up in red if the cars unlocked.

2 hours ago, philip42h said:

It would be a useful feature for those who have garages big enough to get the car into but not big enough to allow the driver to get out of the car once the manoeuvre is complete. Likewise for very tight parking spaces ...

OTOH, imagine then having a flat Battery. 🤣

• Haha 1

PHEV does not currently have this feature. Updated again today no changes I can see.  I’d really like the feature I was told about that would locate the car in a car park and flash the lights to help find it?

17 minutes ago, ernieb said:

PHEV does not currently have this feature. Updated again today no changes I can see.  I’d really like the feature I was told about that would locate the car in a car park and flash the lights to help find it?

Yes me too Ernie....I have it on my (soon to go) Volvo XC60 which also has the ability to remote lock too.....will miss both of these when the Volvo goes

Had both on my last car and didn't think I'd miss it.... But I do!

The locking would be the most important of the two but it sounds like it isn't particularly well executed for some that do have it (random incorrect alerts) so hope the "beta testing" is complete before it rolled out for my car.

• Like 1

My app now also has the self parking button which promptly crashes the app when you press it. This would actually be a good feature, especially if someone parks to close to your car so that you can't get in, however I can't see it ever being fully activated. My C-HR had parking assist, very clever but only used it once just to try it, but don't really miss it.