Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

All good and bad in one place

Niky

Just an idea if everyone here happy to post all issues you've had with your Corollas hybrid. The opposite also applies- post if you are a high miles driver and haven't had any issues with your car. Juts all good and bad in one place

Cheers 

2 minutes ago, Niky said:

Just an idea if everyone here happy to post all issues you've had with your Corollas hybrid. The opposite also applies- post if you are a high miles driver and haven't had any issues with your car. Juts all good and bad in one place

Cheers 

You start things off then please Niky.

Picking up my 1.8 TS Icon Tech next week. Very excited as this will be my very first brand new car. Have had 2 toyotas 2002 Corolla 1.6 petrol and 2006 Avensis 1.8 petrol years ago. Generally a big fan of Japanese cars because of the reliability - happy owner of Honda Civic 63reg 1.6 diesel last 4 years. Time to move on to a hybrid technology and stay away from diesels. But that's not related to the topic. Got no experience with Corolla hybrid yet. Will let you know in future, hopefully with trouble free car

• Like 2

Some issues have already been covered in the following:

The bad for me:

- My T app doesn’t log journeys properly, seems I do 23hrs of driving to cover just 3 miles 😑

- automated features just don’t work as effectively as other cars. I mean auto headlights sensitivity is poor, auto high beam (slow to react), adaptive cruise isn’t as ‘polished’ as a Golf 

- rattles from interior 

- headroom in rear could be better if your over 6ft (I am) 

- infotainment system graphics are a bit, erm. . Poor. 

good stuff: 

- it’s solidly engineered. You know it won’t break. 
- fuel economy is great 

- paint is hard 

- lots of tech (see negative above though) 

- smooth powertrain 

- lovely driving position & comfortable seats

• Thanks 1

I've had mine a few weeks and like it a lot. I haven't found anything to complain about, yet.

• Like 1

Good.

Superb drive. Super smooth. Very quiet inside. Good fuel economy. 8000 miles of pure heaven so far.

Bad.

Black plastic trim under windows is fading to white. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Niky said:

Picking up my 1.8 TS Icon Tech next week. Very excited as this will be my very first brand new car. Have had 2 toyotas 2002 Corolla 1.6 petrol and 2006 Avensis 1.8 petrol years ago. Generally a big fan of Japanese cars because of the reliability - happy owner of Honda Civic 63reg 1.6 diesel last 4 years. Time to move on to a hybrid technology and stay away from diesels. But that's not related to the topic. Got no experience with Corolla hybrid yet. Will let you know in future, hopefully with trouble free car

Mine is my first brand new car too and feels great! With this purchase I ticked off few of my long outstanding automotive desires, brand new car and sun roof. Still need to make some dough to buy myself a V8 at some point, I think I’d be even ok with an unreliable piece of garbage but having that V8 soundtrack playing on the background  is just something else. 

not bad, but weird thing about corolla is that my seating position is different now as opposed to the FJ cruiser. I’m a lot more forward compared to what I’m used to be in the FJ. FJ has a longer bonnet, so you sit further back in the car. Because of that in my tight parking lot, rear wheel arches get very close to the wall on the ramps, or maybe it is just the constant beeping. Overall I thought it would be a lot easier to park the corolla as opposed to a tank the FJ is, but then again I had it for over 10 years so perhaps I’m more used to its size

2 hours ago, Obsidian Estate said:

I've had mine a few weeks and like it a lot. I haven't found anything to complain about, yet.

Actually, a slight observation more than a complaint. The headlights don't seem quite as good as the HIDs on my GT86.

On 2/22/2022 at 5:26 PM, Niky said:

Cheers 

4500miles done now and for me I'm mostly very happy with the car. Some of the gadgets I don't use like auto high beam, lane keeping and the built in sat nav. I think the car looks good, performs well and is a comfortable, smooth and a quiet long distance machine. The economy could be better but am hoping that I can improve on the current average of 52mpg when the weather warms up a bit.

Interior space is a bit tight in the back and the luggage space could be bigger but I guess thats the penalty for the slick bodystyle.

One thing I did notice is that the rear door strap detents aren't very strong and only it needs a little wind to slam the doors shut.

Also the gear selection can be very clunky / reluctant to select and the engine runs on a bit if its only been running for a few seconds when cold.

My better half would like adjustable lumbar support on the front passenger seat but she likes the seat heating.

Other than that I think the service intervals are a bit short at 10k miles compared with my previous cars.

Don’t know there why there are no blind spot monitoring on a car with so much safety tech, I think this is a UK thing!

Satnav is only okay, previous cars (Citroen) had a Tom Tom system that was excellent.

I know it’s a small car but the room in the back is not good and there is not enough storage in the front.

I think the USB position near the passenger knee is poor, when a usb stick is in there it is vulnerable.

Good points

Heated seats and seat comfort.

Hold button, just with it was active after ever start.

Fuel economy.

I find the active cruise control excellent.

l could list loads more.

• Like 2

I am happy with the driver aids but then it's my first car with ACC. 

Agree the Touch2 graphic display is poor.  In comparison with a previous Garmin I think the map display is primitive.  It declutters the map on a journey and does not display lanes etc.  Garmin provided 3 levels of detail. 

A very quick look at the newer Smart Connect display suggests it is generations better. 

• Like 1

love my 2ltr design, but pick up 2ltr gr sport next week , true sat nav is poor  and mickey mouse horn, but car performs well and handles great.

Got my new 2ltr GR hb Sport MY 21.5 in mid Jan.

Luv everything,except the Touch 2 Sat Nav.

Compared to all other Cars with Sat nav and Individual Tom Tom Sat navs, this is by far the worst I have come across.I personally can not hear any warning sounds for Speed Camera's. My Wife can just about hear them if she is concentrating.  The visual warning of an impending Speed camera is very hit and miss.

The Camera's do not always show up on the main map!!!

The sound volume for Speed camera warnings can not be increased,as confirmed to me by the Dealership Technician's and "Toyota .co.uk"

Please don't suggest using Waze or any other app to overcome this.

This is a £30k plus brand new car, you should not have to mess about using apps to be warned when a Speed camera is coming up.

Toyota should be ashamed of themselves for this garbage mediacentre.

12 minutes ago, KWr said:

Got my new 2ltr GR hb Sport MY 21.5 in mid Jan.

Luv everything,except the Touch 2 Sat Nav.

Compared to all other Cars with Sat nav and Individual Tom Tom Sat navs, this is by far the worst I have come across.I personally can not hear any warning sounds for Speed Camera's. My Wife can just about hear them if she is concentrating.  The visual warning of an impending Speed camera is very hit and miss.

The Camera's do not always show up on the main map!!!

The sound volume for Speed camera warnings can not be increased,as confirmed to me by the Dealership Technician's and "Toyota .co.uk"

Please don't suggest using Waze or any other app to overcome this.

This is a £30k plus brand new car, you should not have to mess about using apps to be warned when a Speed camera is coming up.

Toyota should be ashamed of themselves for this  garbage mediacentre.

I am surprised that you need advice re impending Speed Cameras Keith. You are the driver !

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, john p williams said:

I am surprised that you need advice re impending Speed Cameras Keith. You are the driver !

How do I know of impending Speed cameras if I am in an unfamiliar location?

2 minutes ago, KWr said:

By driving with your wits about you and paying attention to the signs.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, KWr said:

The same as I do. It is not Rocket Science.

15 minutes ago, john p williams said:

The same as I do. It is not Rocket Science.

Last two posts are missing the point ,you have paid for a system that is supposed to give you warning sounds and visual warnings you when approaching a speed camera. Basically this system does not, so in my opinion is not fit for purpose, so if you have no valuable comments please go back to sleep,

Goodbye.

• Like 1

Well I am very deaf.  The audio warning is louder than most of the other bleeps and squecks sufficient that it causes me to glance down where I see a very prominent speed camera in the bottom corner and on the map. 

In a way you might call it one of the BETTER warnings. 

However I have seen a popup where I can add a Camera but I have never figured out how to get it to work. 

7 minutes ago, Roy124 said:

Well I am very deaf.  The audio warning is louder than most of the other bleeps and squecks sufficient that it causes me to glance down where I see a very prominent speed camera in the bottom corner and on the map. 

In a way you might call it one of the BETTER warnings. 

However I have seen a popup where I can add a Camera but I have never figured out how to get it to work. 

Thanks Roy,I have a slight hearing impediment and have said previously this does not stop me hearing all the other warning sounds from the system.

Like you,,occasionally I see a pop up Camera warning,but this is very inconsistent.Toyata have had the Car back,re programmed the system  but this has still not solved any of the problems I have reported.That is why I posted what I did.

You need to enable bluetooth tethering to get the camera detection to work properly. That will also enable the camera report button and show average speed cameras too.

On 2/22/2022 at 8:36 PM, bigblock said:

Good.

Superb drive. Super smooth. Very quiet inside. Good fuel economy. 8000 miles of pure heaven so far.

Bad.

Black plastic trim under windows is fading to white. 

Common problem

most frequent in the saloon

go to your dealer for replacement under warranty

3 hours ago, KWr said:

Well it shouldn't be an issue because you drive to the speed limit, (or the law if you like), right?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, newda898 said:

Well it shouldn't be an issue because you drive to the speed limit, (or the law if you like), right?

🥱🥱🥱

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links