Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota EWD (electronic wiring diagrams) acronyms H/B and S/D

I've downloaded some electrical diagrams from toyota-tech.eu (you can pay a couple £ for a one-hour subscription) and I have found a few diagrams and footnotes referencing vehicle types "H/B" and "S/D" that I can't decipher.

One clue I've found when comparing two diagrams is that the H/B variant seems to have the MMT Multi-Mode Manual Transmission... and as far as I can tell my E150 - 1NR-FE (NRE150R) seems to be a closer match to "S/D" but I just don't know what it is!

The diagrams show something like "pink wire from terminal 4 on the ECU to terminal 17 on the steering sensor - IF you have model S/B, but the very same connection is a yellow wire from terminal 9 on the ECU to terminal 2 on the steering sensor if you have a petrol and it wasn't made in Japan, and older than September 2010 etc. etc."

So parsing the information does take a little bit of effort and I feel I really need to understand every acronym. Thanks if anybody can decode the meaning of H/B and S/D!

With the first generation Auris (2007-2012), three door Auris (hatchback and van) were built in Turkey and five door Auris (hatchback) in the UK. Perhaps the difference is related to where the cars were built.

Yeap, H/B means hatchback and S/D sedan for instance first generation Auris - hatchback 3 or 5 doors and Corolla - sedan. MMT means multimode transmision and MT manual transmision.

Color of the wire is important indeed, but more important is pin number of each connector.

On 2/23/2022 at 6:31 AM, tavy said:

Yeap, H/B means hatchback and S/D sedan for instance first generation Auris - hatchback 3 or 5 doors and Corolla - sedan. MMT means multimode transmision and MT manual transmision.

Color of the wire is important indeed, but more important is pin number of each connector.

Fantastic, thank you!

Don't rely on the colours they can change also be are of * markers, e.g. *2

As for Toyota tech you can print the documents if using Windows 10 you can use the Print to PDF function to save it to PDF

If you need any help with the diagrams, just ask as there are a few that are technically minded on the forum

• 5 months later...
On 2/24/2022 at 2:21 PM, flash22 said:

If you need any help with the diagrams, just ask

Thanks very much for the offer to help. I just wanted to follow up on this. I put my project on hold, since the outbreak of the war in Ukraine.

My design goal was to put together a homemade 6th gear cruise control add-on for this car. But, I decided that tinkering with my car, possibly bricking the ECU or rendering it unusable in a variety of ways, wasn't a good idea once the land war broke out in Europe.

I ordered a few parts, including an Arduino microcontroller board, some voltage regulators and a CANBUS reader. I managed to wire up an OBD2 plug and read the raw CAN signals, but I stopped after that point.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links