Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

MOT reminder service

FROSTYBALLS

For those living in Great Britain (not the UK), DVSA offer a free MOT reminder service. For those who subscribe, an MOT reminder is sent either by text or e-mail, one month before their current MOT expires.

One can subscribe online at https://www.gov.uk/mot-reminder

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I need to tell my brothers about this as they keep forgetting :laugh: 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

For those living in Great Britain (not the UK), DVSA offer a free MOT reminder service. For those who subscribe, an MOT reminder is sent either by text or e-mail, one month before their current MOT expires.

One can subscribe online at https://www.gov.uk/mot-reminder

Just activated, thanks 

• Like 1

MyT has a Car Calendar. I load the date of my MOT here and it reminds me.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Or simply put an entry on your smartphone calendar and have it with a yearly repeat!

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Big_D said:

I've got mine in MyT !

I entered mine for my current car in the past in the MyT app and for some reason at some point it disappeared without me having deleting it! Haven't tried again since, but intend to once I've taken delivery of my new Aygo X. Will leave it on my Apple calendar as a backup.

I'm guessing maybe there was a bug in the app which has since been fixed if yours is working.

• Like 1

I can't comment on this. I have set it as a reminder, but as my first MOT isn't due until next year I can't say if it works or not. 

I have a little piece of paper with the renewal date of my M.O.T. Road tax and insurance sellotaped onto my centre console as a reminder.

A friend has a big piece of paper taped to his steering wheel with his dates on it, it’s a foolproof method but not very pretty.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 5/1/2022 at 11:16 AM, Stivino said:

I have a little piece of paper with the renewal date of my M.O.T. Road tax and insurance sellotaped onto my centre console as a reminder.

A friend has a big piece of paper taped to his steering wheel with his dates on it, it’s a foolproof method but not very pretty.

I guess its understandable why Toyota cars have the reputation of being driven by old farts (i am an one) :laughing:

• Like 1

Maybe old farts could be viewed as experienced drivers who have had decades of buying cars, and working out which are reliable and well built.

Not to worry though,as with the smartphone media age , every single place where you have an MOT done will bombard you with reminders to have it done again at their place , year after year after year...

Even if they claim to have no interest in conning you into unnecessary work, and making no profit.

Being an old !Removed! ,gives you the experience to feel when your leg is being lifted slightly.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Rhymes with Paris said:

Maybe old farts could be viewed as experienced drivers who have had decades of buying cars, and working out which are reliable and well built.

I was meaning the strange habit of sticking memos on the dash to remind them of upcoming MOT's, car tax and insurance etc not a slur on their their driving ability or choice of car. 

I know Max, I should have added an emoticon 😂 to Indicate my irony/sarcasm.

Before I had a TomTom I used to put post it notes with road numbers and arrows on them on the dash.

No slur intended or taken, I know, I too am definitely an old**** , best to replace the word , it got censored.

🙂

• Like 1

Sounds like us Old F***s are sticking together 😁. I'm one too.

I got an email tonight from MyT to remind me my Tax is due at the end of the month 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/30/2022 at 4:17 AM, Jason Monk said:

Or simply put an entry on your smartphone calendar and have it with a yearly repeat!

I do the same and the calendar is linked to all my devices. I have advise friends and family to do the same, since most have smart phones. I find that some people are only interested in social media, and cannot even use some of the proper (safe) apps! 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links