Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mysterious connection (E120, 4ZZ-FE)

Executive

Hi all, I've come across this odd connector that leads to nowhere in my engine bay. What is it's purpose? I've seen it in plenty of other similiar spec E12's with a 3ZZ/4ZZ, and I can't seem to figure out where it goes.
Many thanks

IMG-20220224-WA0007.thumb.jpg.04a70ffb53e511fe066809ce188991dc.jpgIMG-20220224-WA0005.thumb.jpg.5e0142ca30f31bbbc072ac3bb9898f51.jpg

I cant really make it out,

But it looks like its located where the bonnet alarm button is,from what I can see there is no switch so could be just the connector for the button

Just checked my own,same connection unplugged,but I dont seem to have bonnet alarm switch,but the connection is right behind the alarm box

The pics are way too small, its something gearbox related, the bonnet switch (If fitted) is it the same area

I think it is the same area,

I seem to have aftermarket alarm fitted and pictures of switch I have seen is mounted to a bracket above connection shown,I think mine was removed to fit the alarm box to this bracket,seen the location on this forum,they where talking about bonnet raisers 

4 hours ago, flash22 said:

The pics are way too small, its something gearbox related, the bonnet switch (If fitted) is it the same area

It seems to lead inside to the cabin, and doesn't affect the car at all in any way which leads me to believe it's some sort of optional extra that isn't mounted (i.e. bonnet switch, it could be anything tbh)
It's a saloon so its unlikely to have the same level of equipment as a hatch T3 would ofc too

DSC_1946.jpg

DSC_1945.jpg

Upon some further probing, this is indeed the bonnet switch cable, but its tucked far too far away to be able to connect to the location on the slam panel it would hook up to

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links