Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Russian made Rav’s

Flatcoat

I hope Toyota pull the plug on their Russian factory with immediate effect or are forced to by sanctions. Before we ordered our RAV we made sure it wasn’t coming from that lawless country. 

• Like 6

I believe Japanese companies have large investments in Russia.  Hard to imagine they would just walk away from them, even though I wish they would.

Actually, if they did, the Russian state would probably seize them, and Putin would sell them to his friends.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, IanML said:

I believe Japanese companies have large investments in Russia.  Hard to imagine they would just walk away from them, even though I wish they would.

Hard to imagine a country invading another democratic country but it has happened. That is exactly what Putin is counting on, the west having no Mod edit to stand up to his savagery. I have never witnessed such a weakneed response from the pathetic west. My son lived in Russia for 7 years and knows how it is run by Putins thugs. He is fuming at the wests response today. He pulled his business out of Russia over the past few months as it became obvious what Putin was upto. Or at least obvious to those not obsessed with partygate and other irrelevances. 

• Like 1

Interestingly, Russian made RAVs are only distributed to Russia, Belarus and Kazakhstan. Ukraine on the other hand get theirs from Japan like the rest of Europe.

Not just Toyota who have manufacturing facilities in Russia, where the Rav4 and Camry are bui!t. Hyundai, Renault, and Nissan have manufacturing plants. Mazda and Ford have separate manufacturing joint ventures with Sollers Auto.

Yes they should all be shut down but I will not hold my breath, especially Renault given the French snivelling upto Putin over the past few weeks. I will not be doing business with any company that continues to trade with Russia - and if that means selling my RAV, so be it. My stepson pulled out of Russia 5 years ago having lived their 6 years and had business worth $millions annually there since 2005. He saw how Putins thuggery was taking over. He has lost 10% of his business yesterday from having to stop shipping goods to Ukraine - his business allies there are currently trying to get out of the country. 

22 minutes ago, Flatcoat said:

Yes they should all be shut down but I will not hold my breath, especially Renault given the French snivelling upto Putin over the past few weeks. I will not be doing business with any company that continues to trade with Russia - and if that means selling my RAV, so be it. My stepson pulled out of Russia 5 years ago having lived their 6 years and had business worth $millions annually there since 2005. He saw how Putins thuggery was taking over. He has lost 10% of his business yesterday from having to stop shipping goods to Ukraine - his business allies there are currently trying to get out of the country. 

Could mean you will be buying a push bike…… is there a British bike builder? 

43 minutes ago, Catlover said:

is there a British bike builder? 

Yes there are four.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Catlover said:

Could mean you will be buying a push bike…… is there a British bike builder? 

Brompton - made in London. Seriously swishy folding bikes. So in vogue in the capital. 

• Like 1

I share the sentiment about Russia. This is a tragedy.

Out of interest Adrian, what are you doing - if anything - with the Made in China products you have ? Given the gradual but unequivocal erosion of freedoms in Hong Kong and ethnic regions. And Tibet.. Where do we draw the line? 

My family has been affected twice by war in recent history; if there is even a 1% chance of a ceasefire by mediation, it is our responsibility to pursue it . So I personally wholeheartedly support Macron in his efforts. He is probably the only politician in Europe who has some influence over events . It is hard to see why Russians should take Boris Johnson or Liz Truss seriously.

• Like 1

I didn’t buy an MG or Volvo because of the Chinese connections. As for Macron being best placed to negotiate!? Don’t make me laugh! Just look at the history of two faced French leadership and decisions. Putin is a nutcase and psychopath and only understands one language, and it isn’t French grovelling. The French are always there when they need you….. 

I have read somewhere that a large percentage of all Toyota hybrid Battery chemistry come from Russia mining., oops 😅 come on guys what is the matter where a product came from., back in the days German has destroyed England and todays there are more German cars on an average British street than in Germany. I will happily drive even a Russian car, but they are simply no go, around the world people drives cars , in soviet Russia cars drives you. 😂🚗⚒️ No offence. Peace ✌️

It's a necessary strategy but a shame for the ordinary people earning a living on the assembly line, who are probably just as keen to see the back of Vlad as the rest of us.

Every nation has parts / events in their past that are shameful! I am sure for example that the Kurds of Iraq feel strongly about the West's decision to abandon them to Saddam in the 90s. And if you watch the excellent documentary 'Once upon a time in Iraq' you might feel differently about the UKs history of leadership and shameful decisions.

But it is the present that counts. 

I don't know what language Putin understands, but if I understand you correctly Adrian you mean military response! Even if that's the case, France with their state-of-the-art arms industry and independent nuclear capabilities (as opposed to our entirely dependent on the US and not very sure they actually work Tridents) is at a better position to leverage.

But if it comes to that, the Toyota / RAV4 discussions / disagreements will be the least of out worries!

I am praying for the people of Ukraine.

• Like 1

C-HR comes from Turkey. Few years ago there was lots of brouhaha in Turkey as well. Loads of things are made in China including Macs and Model 3- so it is a bit more complex than not buying Chinese or Russian goods  or goods made in any other country. However, it is incredibly sad, that in this day and age, some country can invade another country and rest of the world could not do anything. China is strong ally of Russia- as they say birds of a feather flock together. I won't be surprised that China would do something similar with Taiwan in the future. NATO and Russia should have negotiated to avoid this, and IMO, they did not to this properly. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Flatcoat said:

Hard to imagine a country invading another democratic country but it has happened. That is exactly what Putin is counting on, the west having no b8lls to stand up to his savagery. I have never witnessed such a weakneed response from the pathetic west. My son lived in Russia for 7 years and knows how it is run by Putins thugs. He is fuming at the wests response today. He pulled his business out of Russia over the past few months as it became obvious what Putin was upto. Or at least obvious to those not obsessed with partygate and other irrelevances. 

This is a little bit of an ignorant comment. It's not that the west do not have the "Mod edit". They just don't want to start WW3 or worse, push Putin to use Russia's Nuclear War heads. Harsh economic sanctions will effect Russian massively in the long term, and we have also sent Ukraine a LARGE amount of weapons and defence systems/technology.

Not only that, but don't forget about China. They've kept relatively quiet. If NATO intervene, I can guarantee China will.

It seems that people have forgot that we have just been through an actual pandemic, which is still not really over. The amount of money that has been spent of Furlough, test and trace (huge waste), testing facilities, testing kits, financial aids, loans... the list could go on AND let's not forget that it took nearly 60 years to pay the final debt from World War 2. We're still recovering. We can afford a war.

Just think of the bigger picture. There's a reason why Putin has chose now to invade. Most of the world are still on their knees, he knew how tough it would be for other countries to get involved.

I pray that Ukraine manage to hold them off and Putin fails, because failure in Russia won't just be a slap on the wrist for him. That old Soviet Union culture will out him immediately, even worse. He'll end up dead.

• Like 1

We need to be realistic- in no way Ukraine would be able to defend. While patriotism is appreciated, equipping Ukrainian civilians with ammunition to defend  is not going to work. By supplying defense equipment, we are only going to make the process !Removed! and get people killed. IMO, leaders need to call ceasefire, and come to table to negotiate and sort out things politically. 

Unfair to single out Toyota when a lot of the world's lithium that they all use comes from Russia.

As for defence, if I thought some Russian soldiers were going to come and do horrific things to my wife and daughter I would happily pick up a rifle.

I think the Ukrainians could make things bad enough to really make the Russian people wonder why they are wasting their own lives.

Guys, do not blame the Russians only, they were patient for 8 years begging the whole west to push Ukraine to follow Minsk agreements to which Kiev agreed at the beginning! Where was the west (EU and USA) when for the last 8 years Ukraine kept bombing it's own people from the East, 14000 people of population is dead because of that! The whole West kept quite about it, why?!

Why NATO needs it's military that close to Russia?! For a quick attack on Russia - this is the only reason! Do you really expect them to seat quite and wait for an attack? What UK would do if Russia tried to build a military base within kilometers from UK borders?! 

There was an agreement 40 years ago that NATO won't expand to the east but West did not follow it and just expanded anyway!

Name me wars where Russia was involved as an invader? Do you want me to tell you in how many wars USA and EU was involved only in last 20 years? and for what?! For fake reasons as a mass weapon destruction which they could not prove after they invaded?!

Why USA does not get involved with Africa poverty or other poorest country in the world where people die from the government regimes, because these countries do  not have territory or the natural resources plus USA produce way to much weapon which needs to be sold and used!

I am  not Russian but I try to watch and read other sources and have information from both Ukraine and Russian side unlike most people that get BBC news which is all false! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, VladMD said:

Guys, do not blame the Russians only, they were patient for 8 years begging the whole west to push Ukraine to follow Minsk agreements to which Kiev agreed at the beginning!

F..c, Putin's trolls troops even here 🤮

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, VladMD said:

Guys, do not blame the Russians only, they were patient for 8 years begging the whole west to push Ukraine to follow Minsk agreements to which Kiev agreed at the beginning! Where was the west (EU and USA) when for the last 8 years Ukraine kept bombing it's own people from the East, 14000 people of population is dead because of that! The whole West kept quite about it, why?!

Why NATO needs it's military that close to Russia?! For a quick attack on Russia - this is the only reason! Do you really expect them to seat quite and wait for an attack? What UK would do if Russia tried to build a military base within kilometers from UK borders?! 

There was an agreement 40 years ago that NATO won't expand to the east but West did not follow it and just expanded anyway!

Name me wars where Russia was involved as an invader? Do you want me to tell you in how many wars USA and EU was involved only in last 20 years? and for what?! For fake reasons as a mass weapon destruction which they could not prove after they invaded?!

Why USA does not get involved with Africa poverty or other poorest country in the world where people die from the government regimes, because these countries do  not have territory or the natural resources plus USA produce way to much weapon which needs to be sold and used!

I am  not Russian but I try to watch and read other sources and have information from both Ukraine and Russian side unlike most people that get BBC news which is all false! 

There is some truth in this, and hence IMO, all efforts should have been made on negotiations. Pretty sure war is not good for Russia, Ukraine and rest of the the world and their people. I think it is the failure of leaders to let it escalate to this stage.

• Like 2

Moved to General Discussions.

It doesn't need to be discussed, especially on forums like this as no one knows the truth, not even Zelenski (Ukranian president), only Russia and USA that know what is happening! The rest of us, all of us, being fed information that is deliberately tweaked for different countries, be it Ukraine, Russia or UK! It is hard to know from the news what is happening. Saying that, I have friends who live in UK and who are from Donetsk, I take it their word as the true one and they all say that Ukraine kept bombing the East of Ukraine for the last 8 years.

It is not the fault of the Ukranian people but the government that is corrupt and bought by west money and who do not care about people who live there but care about their pockets and retirement someone in Spain, south of France or UK!

• Like 1

Behave.   NOONE in the UK or US or Germany or France or any other NATO country wants to attack Russia.

Noone wants the economic upheaval, or millions of refugees.

Noone wants another world war.

• Like 5

It was only a short time ago I was concerned about the delivery time of my new car - now I am more occupied by the thought of innocent people being killed for some reason which has not been explained to me by the perpetrators. I am pleased to believe that this forum is one where people generally celebrate a common interest in actually owning products that are reliable and let's say minimally harmful to the planet and humanity given what they need to do. So lots of positive vibes to the people of Ukraine and hope that this incredibly poor behaviour we are witnessing right now will be realised at home and pressure to behave better will come from within Russia, where the people I have worked with in the past are entirely decent.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links