Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hatchback 1.8 adjustable boot floor?

Persimmon

Corolla Hatchback 1.8 Hybrid has lower boot floor than its 2 liter sibling. This means more room in the boot, but it also creates a large bump if you fold the seats down. The boot floor is not adjustable, so it's impossible to create a flat cargo space when seats are folded down.

I was wondering if anyone managed to solve this problem. Perhaps, there are aftermarket adjustable boot floors available? 

I asked the dealer, and they haven't heard of any. 

Nothing likely aftermarket. Could make something suitable yourself as others have done.

Sam, I am surprised.  I have a 1.8 with spare wheel. 

The low boot floor rests on what look like ABS moulded flat bits.  The high floor also rests on similar flat bits. See if yours has two sets of flats. 

My spare wheel kit also includes polystyrene formers for the tools.  I am not sure if this is an essential part of the raised floor. 

• Like 1

To be fair, the dealers are rarely helpful for things like this - I was trying to find a false floor/board for my old Yaris Mk2, but the dealer was adamant the Mk2s didn't have one and was unable to give me a part number, despite the fact that literally all pre-2008 Mk2's came with one as standard! (And two little storage bins that it sat on)

If any non-UK owners have a deck board, maybe they can see if there is a part number on it they can give you??

I did have a look at this when I had a hatchback, you may find this website useful. Just need to determine what parts you require to have a false floor

Partsouq.com

Surely the boot floor and supports from the 2.0 ltr hatchback will fit?

Cyker's post reminded me.  Dealers generally don't have a parts department.  Parts are generally ordered as required. OTOH there are some, my last village had a Ford franchise but very much a family concern.  It had a comprehensive parts department that stocked a large range of accessories. 

In another village a SAAB franchise with a large parts department. If you could find a Toyota parts department then I am sure they would help. 

6 hours ago, RabButler said:

Surely the boot floor and supports from the 2.0 ltr hatchback will fit?

I believe the polystyrene formers are different to avoid the Battery in the 2.0.

I have collected together most of the parts required to convert 1.8 hatch boot to accomodate a spare wheel, all new and a fraction of the price of the dealers. So far not been able to loacate the polystyrene formers but think they are not too expensive, will probably get these from a dealer. Keeping watch on numerous sites to see if any appear.

• Thanks 1

On 2/26/2022 at 1:24 PM, Roy124 said:

Cyker's post reminded me.  Dealers generally don't have a parts department.  Parts are generally ordered as required. OTOH there are some, my last village had a Ford franchise but very much a family concern.  It had a comprehensive parts department that stocked a large range of accessories. 

In another village a SAAB franchise with a large parts department. If you could find a Toyota parts department then I am sure they would help. 

My Toyota dealer has a parts department, and I used to work for a dealer in Lancashire and they had parts departments at all their dealers

On 2/26/2022 at 11:32 AM, Roy124 said:

Sam, I am surprised.  I have a 1.8 with spare wheel. 

Huh. I guess that's a regional difference. I haven't seen any MY21 Corolla in Finland with a spare wheel. 

Just a wonder as probably no-one apart from the Toyota designers can answer this.

Why does the boot floor have to be so high when a spare wheel is fitted to the 1.8 hatch? With the spare (spacesaver) fitted in the well, the floor only needs to be raised about 1 inch. This would give more room in the boot. Originally there was only the 1.8, I realise the floor may have to be higher in the 2.0 to miss the Battery but that version came later. Maybe to carry a full sized punctured wheel?