Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Electric mirrors for mk1 Aygo

Colin J.S

Hi All, can anyone advise whether electric mirrors from a mk2 would fit a mk1 ? I have seen a mk1 with electric mirrors on you tube but theres no text etc explaining how it was done. 

I very much doubt it, not sure if the Aygo uses the same mirrors as another model - the mk1's mirrors are fully manual

Mk1 Mirror - 87910-0H021

Mk2 Mirror - 87910-0H061

The car in the vid doesn't look like a mk2 - Its not an Aygo

It's a Facelift mk1 going off the headlight and bumper insert, the mirror look odd, they are E marked repeaters tho

After another look around, they look like Toyota IQ aka Prius Mirrors

• Thanks 2

It doesn't look like either a Mk1 or Mk2 Aygo - there are no side repeaters on the front wing.

7 minutes ago, PetrolDave said:

It doesn't look like either a Mk1 or Mk2 Aygo - there are no side repeaters on the front wing.

The guy states it's a mk1 car. I have messaged him and await a response 🙂

looks like a mk1 to me , if he's into modding then maybe smoothed the side repeaters and uses the mirror ones  

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, flash22 said:

It's a Facelift mk1 going off the headlight and bumper insert, the mirror look odd, they are E marked repeaters tho

After another look around, they look like Toyota IQ aka Prius Mirrors

Thanks for your response. I have messaged the guy and await a response. I run a couple of FB pages for these cars and someone posted the video so I'm just very curious as to how it was done 🙂

8 minutes ago, steveo3002 said:

looks like a mk1 to me , if he's into modding then maybe smoothed the side repeaters and uses the mirror ones  

Yeah, its deffo a mk1 and I'm trying to find out what the mirror came off, w will see if he replies to me 🙂

23 minutes ago, Colin J.S said:

I'm just very curious as to how it was done 🙂

Me too, I'd live to have power folding mirrors on my Mk2 - it's a PITA having to manually fold them when using a car wash.

• Like 1

IQ, Jap Prius or mk3 yaris and swap the baseplates over

A few snipped close ups

2048849535_toymirr.thumb.jpg.579b5faea575c7d48e2857c697a5dcc3.jpg

Note the bevelled edge around the repeater

373259977_toymirr2.thumb.jpg.f3f793442db557dfa14b2b192637e691.jpg

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, flash22 said:

IQ, Jap Prius or mk3 yaris and swap the baseplates over

I'm chatting to the guy, he said it's IQ he used and awaiting more response but that's helpful, thank you......is the jap Prius different to uk Prius ?

Yes it's an IQ mirror

iq.thumb.JPG.cbddd8187dd4cb41e13675e4b733117b.JPG

i have part numbers and wiring diagrams if required

• Like 2

Good find, always like to see something different, heard of heated mirrors on MK1 but not this.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, flash22 said:

Yes it's an IQ mirror    i have part numbers and wiring diagrams if required

Are you able to tell me what year IQ ....I might be interested in getting some and wiring just the indicators, it would be way too much to get switches and wire the rest up

To wire the electric mirrors it's 10 wires, 2 for up/down, 2 for left/right, 2 for fold/unfold, 2 for the heated mirror and 2 for the repeater

the IQ was in production from 2008 to 2014

led side repeater, heated and folding (remote) from 11/09 - 05/12

RH - 87910-74040

LH - 87940-74040

12-14 cars had a bulb instead of an LED repeater

• Thanks 2

21 hours ago, flash22 said:

Yes it's an IQ mirror

i have part numbers and wiring diagrams if required

Please share the wiring diagrams also, would like to do this on a Mk2 that already has heated electric mirrors so would just need to sort out the folding wiring and the mounting base swap.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, flash22 said:

To wire the electric mirrors it's 10 wires, 2 for up/down, 2 for left/right, 2 for fold/unfold, 2 for the heated mirror and 2 for the repeater

Thanks.... I'd really appreciate the wiring diagram and also guidance as to the control module required. I guess the switches are all the same? 

All the logic is in the mirror switch, no they are not all the same  most of the cars use the same switch gear tho - its 8 wires to the mirrors my mistake

Not sure if it can be done on the mk2 as the mirrors are different, that's something you will need to figure out

i did a thread on the yaris switch change

diagrams, you can use the IQ, Yaris or Auris ones i have all 3 types

the simplest diagram i have

939168122_Gen3foldingmirror.thumb.jpg.c93d373518792e2aea5ef9bf9abad37d.jpg

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, flash22 said:

All the logic is in the mirror switch, no they are not all the same  most of the cars use the same switch gear tho - its 8 wires to the mirrors my mistake

Not sure if it can be done on the mk2 as the mirrors are different, that's something you will need to figure out

i did a thread on the yaris switch change

diagrams, you can use the IQ, Yaris or Auris ones i have all 3 types

the simplest diagram i have

939168122_Gen3foldingmirror.thumb.jpg.c93d373518792e2aea5ef9bf9abad37d.jpg

Many thanks for this...I'll give you a shout if I get stuck 🙂

• Like 1

It's the 28 pin (3 row) mirror switch you are looking for pref with the connector but there are other folding switches

Those numbers are meaningless, they are related to the OE manufacturer - IF the L and R is bright white it's not backlit

2 hours ago, flash22 said:

Sounds like get a pair of the power folding mirrors and start experimenting...

The Mk2 mirror switch has a 2 row 24 pin connector 90980-12554, is there any power folding switch with that connector (if not it's connector change time too)?

Electric Mirrors.pdf

There are 5-6 types  9-10 pin single row, 16 pin (2row) with 9 or 11 pins on the lower row, 24 pin black sockets, iirc there is also a 24 pin blue plug

they should all use the same in type terminals iirc

edit. in your case unless you want remote folding mirrors just add a switch to fold them

Edit 1. https://www.iq-forums.com/threads/iq-jdm-power-folding-mirrors.2404/

Edit 2, i would buy a good used switch over an aftermarket part - 183575 or 84870-28020 non backlit, Not remote

• Like 1