Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Electric mirrors for mk1 Aygo

Colin J.S

To swap base you need to pop the cover off the base to access the mount and pull the cable back through

• Thanks 1

On 2/28/2022 at 2:48 PM, flash22 said:

All the logic is in the mirror switch, no they are not all the same  most of the cars use the same switch gear tho - its 8 wires to the mirrors my mistake

Not sure if it can be done on the mk2 as the mirrors are different, that's something you will need to figure out

i did a thread on the yaris switch change

diagrams, you can use the IQ, Yaris or Auris ones i have all 3 types

the simplest diagram i have

939168122_Gen3foldingmirror.thumb.jpg.c93d373518792e2aea5ef9bf9abad37d.jpg

Hi, Thanks for help so far, is there a diagram that shows the wiring colours and or shows a 'key' to what the lettering means please 

The first diagram i posted is for the 28 pin type, have you got the switch if so what type

@PetrolDave yes there is a 24 pin switch with folding mirrors - rav4 2015 on not sure if the plug is the same

eg.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/31388573046

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/144227093165

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, flash22 said:

The first diagram i posted is for the 28 pin type, have you got the switch if so what type

@PetrolDave yes there is a 24 pin switch with folding mirrors - rav4 2015 on not sure if the plug is the same

eg.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/31388573046

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/144227093165

Its an IQ 2010 switch with 9 pins not sure if link will work as I bought it https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/192342319805

Next question...how does the mirror separate from the base plate? 

FD736F26-AEA6-4046-A1D4-D5B7E45C45BA.jpeg

Cover on the bottom of the base (the part on the car) ??

3 minutes ago, flash22 said:

Cover on the bottom of the base (the part on the car) ??

It comes off the car as in pic, there is no removable cover on the underside 

1EDEB903-0DC5-4A7D-B01B-DA99AF9B7973.jpeg

49576F76-0DC1-49E8-972E-F2E6DCAD8F69.jpeg

Is there anything down the centre where the control cables go ? if you fold the mirror does the centre move

5 minutes ago, flash22 said:

Is there anything down the centre where the control cables go ? if you fold the mirror does the centre move

where the cables go through the slightly grey ring stay still and the mirror pivots around it if that makes sense 

FD736F26-AEA6-4046-A1D4-D5B7E45C45BA.jpeg

The collar has 2 notches in it, it may unscrew - as this is the one off your car i would be extremely wary of forcing anything

• Like 1

4 hours ago, flash22 said:

any progress on this project ??

A little. Got messed around buy an eBay seller and had to fight for a refund, then buy mirrors elsewhere. Managed to get the mirror off the base plate. The IQ mirror has a cover plate revealing 3x screws so was easy. However it simply won't go on the Aygo base plate. I thought, I could cut an access hole in the Aygo plate, then glue the piece back in as its out of sight but 2 problems, 1, the hole in the aygo plate is too large so nothing to bolt the new mirror to, 2, even if it had fitted, the angle/shape of the aygo plate would prevent the new mirror from folding in.

Plan B - use the IQ base plate but of course its smaller and the triangle is a different angle. One lower bolt lines up but not the other 2 so I'm going to have to improvise somehow. the leading edge is tight to the front wing but doesn't touch or rub, so I can live with that. There is about a 1'' gap below the mirror but I guess I find or make a piece of trim to hide it.couple of pics show a test fit, you can see the top sticking out where it only has on bolt at the moment. I think I might use a coach bolt through near the top, not perfect but it will be discreet enough. I dont think anyone would notice unless they knew, if that makes sense.

880038E6-F1C0-4863-AA76-9914379B1FDC.jpeg

4D927D4C-5D9F-4944-81F5-F322B2B57CE4.jpg

C691F6A1-FA02-480C-B47E-64BDF6BA4598.jpg

How does it line up when aligned with the bottom of the door rather than the top of the door ?

13 minutes ago, flash22 said:

How does it line up when aligned with the bottom of the door rather than the top of the door ?

I will look into the idea, I ran out of time yesterday and was getting a bit stressy with it, then of course it's been tipping it down all day today ....In theory if it lines up at the bottom and I can manage to bolt it on, then as for the gap at the top, I could probably cut a section from the original base plate ....I will have a look as soon as its dry and I have time 🙂

• Thanks 1

👍 got it in one, if the mirror is secure the top the trim is purely cosmetic, it can be trimmed, bonded/plastic welded and body worked then either painted or textured (U-pol PlastX)

1 hour ago, flash22 said:

👍 got it in one, if the mirror is secure the top the trim is purely cosmetic, it can be trimmed, bonded/plastic welded and body worked then either painted or textured (U-pol PlastX)

Thats easy to say ,,,its the fixing points that will be compromised...how I had it....its the lowest fixing point that lined up ....higher points will need to be fabricated ...how? 

If you look at the back of the  base there are 3 holes what the screws go in to these are also heat stakes that hold a cover on, the base its self should be hollow, it has to be assembled and be accessible to install the wires/control cables

I will throw something together in the morning

30 minutes ago, flash22 said:

If you look at the back of the  base there are 3 holes what the screws go in to these are also heat stakes that hold a cover on, the base its self should be hollow, it has to be assembled and be accessible to install the wires/control cables

I will throw something together in the morning

Yeah I know 

B4A79AA4-1C8C-4104-BD0B-CAB65D84F877.jpeg

Sorry, i meant the actual upright that bolts to the car

13 hours ago, flash22 said:

Sorry, i meant the actual upright that bolts to the car

Here are the 2 mirrors from the back so you can see (hopefully) the mounting holes, I cant see a way to mount the new ones lower down as you suggested ...I also had to cut the back of the IQ one so it will sit flat to the car 

C083DC63-065A-44F0-8EBF-3F5E3211D700.jpeg

36FB40BC-8B4B-432F-8C50-5FC83F9B5E04.jpeg

2A8995B3-C433-4E65-9D78-937E3A9A2E68.jpeg

Can you get the mirror housing off the Aygo base ?? You should be able to just undo the 3 screws on the IQ one to take off the housing, i don't see why the IQ mirror housings will not fit the Aygo base

https://www.megazip.net/zapchasti-dlya-avtomobilej/toyota/iq-38281/nuj10-56579/nuj10r-bgfnww-925501/mirror-17907266

1 hour ago, flash22 said:

Can you get the mirror housing off the Aygo base ?? You should be able to just undo the 3 screws on the IQ one to take off the housing, i don't see why the IQ mirror housings will not fit the Aygo base

https://www.megazip.net/zapchasti-dlya-avtomobilej/toyota/iq-38281/nuj10-56579/nuj10r-bgfnww-925501/mirror-17907266

Ths is the Aygo mirror fully taken apart

D1438676-22A4-4745-987C-5FD9FB71A65B_1_201_a.jpeg

8C331144-25ED-4B3E-84AA-36E2C72ECDE6_1_201_a.jpeg