Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Electric mirrors for mk1 Aygo

Colin J.S

On 3/12/2022 at 12:43 PM, flash22 said:

Can you get the mirror housing off the Aygo base ?? You should be able to just undo the 3 screws on the IQ one to take off the housing, i don't see why the IQ mirror housings will not fit the Aygo base

https://www.megazip.net/zapchasti-dlya-avtomobilej/toyota/iq-38281/nuj10-56579/nuj10r-bgfnww-925501/mirror-17907266

No, they are completely different in the way they fit and even if they did, the shape of the Aygo base would not allow the IQ mirrors to fold in. .....Finally managed to get the new mirrors bolted on the car by drilling 3 new fixings points on the car. Had to cut a ''frame'' out of the old base plate so half way through doing the filler ....it won't look perfect but it will do. 

406B2134-6B59-4A9A-AE44-77CC3A4EB889_1_201_a.jpeg

CD89EFEF-0D2E-4310-923A-54B8ECF38C4B.jpeg

47A2E4F8-5493-4ACE-AE14-BAF326C6FC62.jpeg

• Like 1

Looking good, get rid of that top bolt i would bond some plastic to the inside of that base, then a pilot hole to take a screw - use a iron and abs filler aka plastic welding and/or PU sealant AKA tiger bond or Stika flex

i would also slit the top and spread it to sort out the top line or drop it a fraction, so it all lines up nicely

as they say, bodywork is all about the prep

56 minutes ago, flash22 said:

Looking good, get rid of that top bolt i would bond some plastic to the inside of that base, then a pilot hole to take a screw - use a iron and abs filler aka plastic welding and/or PU sealant AKA tiger bond or Stika flex

i would also slit the top and spread it to sort out the top line or drop it a fraction, so it all lines up nicely

as they say, bodywork is all about the prep

Can I call you Bob? .... Bob is it possible you have a diagram of the door wiring loom for an IQ 2010 ....I have managed to get a pair of complete looms ...Thanks

4 minutes ago, flash22 said:

i will put something together

Thank you 🙂

what did you pay for the mirrors?  this is something id be into but they seem a bit pricey

All done, inc parts and materials £200-250 if not a tad more

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steveo3002 said:

what did you pay for the mirrors?  this is something id be into but they seem a bit pricey

£165 + switch about £25 + looms £50 + lots of extra bits & bobs not to mention the hours and hours of head scratching trying to make them fit ....I'm no auto electrician so even tho the guy is a mate I will need to pay him .......

• Like 2

Been down this rabbit hole a few times, parts prices are all over the place, of course sellers apply the eBay tax

if you're the first to put a mod out there, you end up doing the leg work

i have built custom gauge pods, auto windows, no end of electronics, audio installs, custom subs, gauge swaps over the years, i have another set of interior trims in primer at the moment for the yaris - i sold the last 3 sets i did, and I'm determined this set is for me

this is fairly minor to what was done back in the Max Power days

• Like 2