Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Prius PHEV discontinued

Devon Aygo

Toyota GB have announced that due a review of model portfolio and a change in customer purchase trends Prius PHEV is discontinued with immediate notice, outstanding orders will be fulfilled but no further orders will be accepted.

• Thanks 1

Following Devon Toyotas claim the Prius PHEV has been discontinued this is False News

the Prius HV is discontinued the PHEV lives on 

Both versions of the Prius did vanish from the Toyota UK website the other week but I've just checked & the plug in version has reappeared. 

20 minutes ago, MyOpinionIsWorthless said:

Following Devon Toyotas claim the Prius PHEV has been discontinued this is False News

It’s unlike Devon Aygo to give incorrect information so I do wonder if there is some truth in the Prius PHEV being discontinued. I must admit I’m quite sad about the Prius EV being discontinued but I guess the world must move on!

18 minutes ago, forkingabout said:

Both versions of the Prius did vanish from the Toyota UK website the other week but I've just checked & the plug in version has reappeared. 

Nope plug-in hasnt

1 minute ago, MyOpinionIsWorthless said:

Nope plug-in hasnt

Re read what I wrote. 

BOTH versions did disappear from the Toyota UK website the other week.

The plug in Prius is now BACK on the Toyota UK website when I checked before I made my last reply.

The inaccurate post should be deleted by admins as it is wrong and FAKE NEWS

1 minute ago, forkingabout said:

Re read what I wrote. 

BOTH versions did disappear from the Toyota UK website the other week.

The plug in Prius is now BACK on the Toyota UK website when I checked before I made my last reply.

Are you defending the FAKE NEWS or agreeing I’m correct?

Lee (Devon Aygo) works for a Toyota dealer, and his topic about the Prius PHEV being discontinued was only posted 4 hours ago.

His topic will remain on the Prius Club, and I'm sure he will be able to confirm what is happening shortly.

Just now, FROSTYBALLS said:

Lee (Devon Aygo) works for a Toyota dealer, and his topic about the Prius PHEV being discontinued was only posted 4 hours ago.

His topic will remain on the Prius Club, and I'm sure he will be able to confirm what is happening shortly.

Nope is in accurate I also am in close contact with Toyota the PHEV will continue please delete his post as it is in accurate 

My reply stands.

2 hours ago, MyOpinionIsWorthless said:

2 hours ago, MyOpinionIsWorthless said:

The inaccurate post should be deleted by admins as it is wrong and FAKE NEWS

1 hour ago, MyOpinionIsWorthless said:

Nope is in accurate I also am in close contact with Toyota the PHEV will continue please delete his post as it is in accurate 

As mentioned above I do work at a dealer and whilst iI have no reason to lie or need to defend my comment from such accusations, here is a snip from a system called source used by Toyota to pass information to dealers, perhaps check with your "person in the know" pop back and apologise?

image.thumb.png.4f88c20663d64b08fba856e6446f4fbb.pngimage.thumb.png.3681b6675ed35dbf67e3f48723ea54be.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Well we have to get use to a news like that as in a few years time all current hv Toyota models will follow the same fate. Enjoy while you can ️/🔋🚫

6 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

Well we have to get use to a news like that as in a few years time all current hv Toyota models will follow the same fate. Enjoy while you can ️/🔋🚫

Lots of talk out there regards an all new 2023 Prius so fingers crossed this is just a temporary move dropping slower sellers to free up resources for faster moving cars.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Devon Aygo said:

Lots of talk out there regards an all new 2023 Prius so fingers crossed this is just a temporary move dropping slower sellers to free up resources for faster moving cars.

That is a positive news. 👍 Do you know something more about gen 5 hybrid drivetrain? Are these going to be same engine 2.0 like in Corolla or completely new set up? 
Thanks 🙏 

5 minutes ago, Devon Aygo said:

Hi Lee, that’s very interesting. I was resigned to the fact that I’d keep my 2016 Prius for as long as I could, but if Toyota do produce a Gen 5 Prius, I’m certainly interested. It would be such a shame that after the car built purely as a hybrid & broke the mould so to speak, should be dispensed with. We’ve all, eventually, got to get used to driving ev vehicles if the present government gets its way, but for now & up to 2035, hybrid vehicles can continue to be sold from new so hopefully a new Prius model will be on the cards!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

That is a positive news. 👍 Do you know something more about gen 5 hybrid drivetrain? Are these going to be same engine 2.0 like in Corolla or completely new set up? 
Thanks 🙏 

Nothing much has been given away as yet however I believe Corolla Cross will be the first car we get with the 5th Gen Hybrid system see: HERE

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just a genuine question, given that all Toyotas share the same hybrid tech what is it about the Prius that is special?

It's not a technical reason, more symbolic - It's the flagship for their hybrids, and is supposed to be the most hybridy of the hybrids, hence why it has a slightly weird but more aerodynamic shape, less blingy wheels etc.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Yugguy1970 said:

Just a genuine question, given that all Toyotas share the same hybrid tech what is it about the Prius that is special?

The Prius is special as Brian Griffin drives one.Brian.thumb.jpg.9f9cd2188619189e28830c859d1ce9c1.jpg

The Prius is considered to be the mother of all Toyota & Lexus hybrids. 

• Like 1

It is also special as Jeremy Clarkson hates the Prius, which makes more people buy them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Yugguy1970 said:

It is the Toyota hybrid that has been designed to cut through the air efficiently. It’s air drag is possibly the lowest of “standard” cars, before you get to the expensive “sports” cars.          
Because of that I have done two journeys where I have achieved over 90mpg, one a 100mile at 92mpg (journey home after buying from a dealer) and a 50mile at 96mpg. Many journeys over 80mpg. Lifetime mpg over 37k miles is in excess of 70mpg. It just keeps giving.              
I understand the 2020 Prius is even more efficient.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Yugguy1970 said:

Shape, weight and the fact that it’s made in Japan only. Prius ❤️🚙✌️

• Like 1

Cutted in and edited from another similar thread -

Prius was, sadly enough, discontinued in Sweden as early as 2020. Prius was not much of an hit here in "Estimate and SUV land".

Think Prius wasn´t that much of an "family car" and a bit to low for most/a lot of (thank You "Catlover" for adequate input on this) senior buyers.

But as a 1-4 persons, without any luggage, car its unbeatable in effency .

We have been driven our Prius PHV 2018 1600km since april - 21 and it awerages 1.7L /100km ( 70% on pure ev)

We will trade in our Prius+ 2017 and Prius PHV 2018 for a Demo RAV 4 PHEV 2020 to morrow monday though

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/27/2022 at 12:33 AM, Devon Aygo said:

If there is a new plug in prius, hopefully it will have a bigger Battery capacity and more boot space (but not additional length otherwise it won't fit on my drive).

And the ability to charge at 22kW.

• Like 1