Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OctopusGo worth switching ahead of delivery date?

Bcc212

Hi everyone,

I’m thinking it might be a good idea to switch to octopusGo prior to April and prior to my PHEV delivery at the end of April. 

I currently pay 24p per kWh and expect this to jump another 54% when the price cap increases in April. 

The octopusGo seems to be a 12 month contract and is currently 30p per kWh peak, which is likely cheaper than what my new deal will be. However, I’d lose out on 2 months of EV charging and possibly a month of higher electricity, but may pay off before they inevitably increase the octopusGo tariff. 

Any ideas? I can’t even find info on price cap pence per KWh, so am hoping my limited understanding makes sense.

Cheers 

Tricky question but current advice for people in a fixed price contract it to go to variable price when the contract ends.  That advice was for before the war.  This week all could change including any fixes.

I suggest that you look to Martin Lewis and Money Saving Expert.

Think you may be best to raise a query with somewhere like moneysavingexpert.com

I was on fixed tariff which ends tomorrow. I searched around and found a good deal with my existing supplier. I've now signed another fixed price deal, but have the option to exit without any exit fees or penalties. My price is still the cheapest I could find anywhere.