Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Software Update: Apple CarPlay

Langstone Layabout

Hi - does anyone know if Toyota U.K. have a software update for the Camry to enable the use of Apple CarPlay? I know there is a similar update for other Toyota U.K. models.

Ive always thought that the highly featured but utter rubbish standard Satnav would be better replaced by Google Maps but my local Toyota main dealer hasn’t a clue. Can anyone help?

There is no , nor will there be an update for early UK Camry, it was introduced with a newer style head unit in later models but ne retro fit was developed.

• 6 months later...

Speaking strictly for my US experience, it is my understanding that Camry's came with Apple Car play as a standard starting in 2019. If you own a 2018 as I do, the dealer will download the software in your car for free. I had mine done and I use it every day. Apple Car Play, as quirky as it is, is still worth having. If you're Camry is older than 2018, your unfortunately out of luck.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links