Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

MK1 Aygo DRL/Indicators

Colin J.S

I can't seem to see this. All I get is the following error code: and yes, I am logged in

oops!

We could not locate the item you are trying to view. (Error code: 2S328/2 )

The content is either unavailable or you need to be logged in to view the content.

Sign in now or Register to the club.

31 minutes ago, Stecha said:

I'm interested - can see vid fine even before logging in

Are you doing a how to ?

3 hours ago, Big_D said:

I can't seem to see this. All I get is the following error code: and yes, I am logged in

oops!

We could not locate the item you are trying to view. (Error code: 2S328/2 )

The content is either unavailable or you need to be logged in to view the content.

Sign in now or Register to the club.

Odd. I still get the same error message when I click the link.

Usually it's because it's from an Apple device - They default to using non-standard video formats that cause trouble with everything else, but also try to h.

If it's exported as an MP4 instead of a HEVC MOV then that should fix the problem...!

If you're doing this on e.g. an iPad, goto Settings and then I think it's Camera or Photos or something like that, and tell it to use compatible codec formats instead of 'high efficiency'.

• Thanks 1

I've downloaded all the right codecs, but still couldn't see it.

Finally managed to view it. Had to go into the 'View Page Source' then found the .mov file and downloaded it directly. Got it onto my PC and managed to view it.

It does look good 👍 Definitely worth the trouble and effort.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Colin J.S said:

Thank you

Just the job

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Stecha said:

Thank you

Just the job

The parts are in links in the video description, I got mine from aliexpress and honestly took me 30 minutes max to install 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

Ive used these switchback LEDs on my MX5. I was advised to fit a 12v regulator to the power feed as you can get more than 12v when the engine is running and the DRL LEDs can be sensitive to over voltge and can blow early. Not sure what other peoples views are. I really like the setup.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SimonIG10 said:
8 minutes ago, SimonIG10 said:

Ive used these switchback LEDs on my MX5. I was advised to fit a 12v regulator to the power feed as you can get more than 12v when the engine is running and the DRL LEDs can be sensitive to over voltge and can blow early. Not sure what other peoples views are. I really like the setup.

I have heard this before but I trust in the guy who did the video. If there was any chance of an overload the resistors would get hot but mine never get warm even. I'm not sure re MX5 but with the Aygo a lot of folk fitted aftermarket drl's and got told to remove them at MOT....These are totally legal so are a great mod and modernisation 🙂

Agree these are good and I have been through MOT with no issues with the MX5. The 12v stabiliser costs bout a tenner from eBay but given these are so cheap I may just risk it on my daughters Aygo. If they blow, I will know what it is. The warning about the over voltage was from a few years ago so the LEDs may have improved.

I would screw the resistors on though. I cant see the tape lasting long.

The other thing you need to do is power off the DRLs when you put the headlights on. That doesnt seem to have been considered here. That could cause an MOT fail. You need to have a relay in the circuit which switches off the DRLs when the headlights go on. Its easy enough but need a bit of thought as the headlights are switched negative.

14 hours ago, Colin J.S said:

I'm not sure re MX5 but with the Aygo a lot of folk fitted aftermarket drl's and got told to remove them at MOT....These are totally legal so are a great mod and modernisation 🙂

I had aftermarket DRLs on my Mk1 for 10 years and it passed the MOT every time without comment.

1 minute ago, SimonIG10 said:

I would screw the resistors on though. I cant see the tape lasting long.

I had the resistors for my LED indicators taped on for over 10 years and they never came loose.

I think you will find that you do need to power off the DRLs when the headlights come on or you could have an issue with MOT etc. Not difficult and someone on here did have a relay diagram. On my MX5 this is how I have it set up. There is a dimming device you can buy but I found it very poor quality so would go with the relay if installing this.

6 hours ago, SimonIG10 said:

I think you will find that you do need to power off the DRLs when the headlights come on or you could have an issue with MOT etc. Not difficult and someone on here did have a relay diagram. On my MX5 this is how I have it set up. There is a dimming device you can buy but I found it very poor quality so would go with the relay if installing this.

I just wired the DRLs via the NC contact of a changeover relay which had the coil powered by the sidelight feed - so when the sidelights turn on the DRLs turn off.

• Like 1

Thats how I would like to do it but I hear the lights on the mk1 are switched negative. Im trying to find out how to wire the relay. I see yours is a 2020.

2 hours ago, SimonIG10 said:

Thats how I would like to do it but I hear the lights on the mk1 are switched negative. Im trying to find out how to wire the relay. I see yours is a 2020.

The headlights on a Mk1 are switched negative but the sidelights are switched positive (see attached wiring diagram of Mk1 sidelights).

BTW I did this on my previous Mk1 - no need to do it on a Mk2 as it has DRLs as standard!

Side Lights.pdf

Thanks....great advice. That makes things a lot easier. I will get a cheap set of the switchbacks and give it a try.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links