Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris GR Sport Car Configurator now online.

GR Weasel

French Market spec has the HUD as standard.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Stopeter44 said:

No wonder, the cars that used to be made for England until 2016 were much better equipped than local markets equivalents, for example a German car of same specs In uk has all electric windows were German local market only front e windows, uk spec will have alloys where German one will have steely,  not  anymore., now is exactly opposite, perhaps Brexit and weaken pound.  Personal view on that matter only. No offence. 

17 minutes ago, Stopeter44 said:

Also gets Heated seats and steering wheel and Wireless phone charging as standard too and the 9 Speaker JBL setup. Even the Bitone Paint is standard!

and you get the option to upgrade the cloth seats to the same leather ones you get the in the excel/launch edition. 

Its also cheaper than what we are paying in the UK.

😞 think Im gonna stick with my launch edition and not take toyotas offer.

• Like 5

@GR Weasel I didn't look any further than the summary page. I so wanted the HUD, and I'll admit the GR Sport looks the deal,  but I wouldn't have a car in the B category with 18" wheels. I'd like to keep my teeth for a few more years 😉 . 

I'm not a fan of the bi-tone paint job, either.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Stopeter44 said:

@GR Weasel I didn't look any further than the summary page. I so wanted the HUD, and I'll admit the GR Sport looks the deal,  but I wouldn't have a car in the B category with 18" wheels. I'd like to keep my teeth for a few more years 😉 . 

I'm not a fan of the bi-tone paint job, either.

Yeah the 18" wheels worry me too, ride is firm enough on my 17" that im having it looked at as the wheel is just rattling all the time, only assumption i have is the "GR Sport Tuning" with the suspension is to help resolve it, or if anything make it worse.

16” on design are the best size for that car imo. 👍

I don't think it's special enough to sell in massive numbers tbh, the front seats look like standard yaris fair, a 10 bhp bump would have been nice too

edit. The city pack now gives you the navigation what was missing 👍

14 minutes ago, GR Weasel said:

... or if anything make it worse.

That would be my take on it. The GR Sport is like the "GT lines" from Renault/PSA got the look, but not necessarily the walk. OTOH, the insurance would be significantly less, and there are not many places you can fully exploit 250+bhp. I've so far seen two GR's in the flesh, once going around a roundabout and another in heavy autoroute traffic. 

Yea this is the sort of thing I would criticise Toyota for. Why dilute the GR Sport branding with something so lacklustre?

Not lowered, no fancy aero, no fancy suspension, will actually have worse acceleration than all the other ones due to the 18" rims and no other performance boost (Which seems to be the opposite of Sport to me)

And all that and no HUD!

I'm convinced Toyota GB just hate their customers judging by the choices they make compared to the other country's branches.

They should really have listened to my suggestion for a new model:

The Kaisen Kitchensink edition

...which is literally just every possible option loaded onto the car, including all the jappy ones the Euro-spec cars don't get at all :naughty:  (But with 15" rims to counter the alleged CO2 level increases from all the options :laugh: )

• Like 1

I had seen plenty of GR’s but these are real deal and I happily will have one and enjoy it responsibly 🏎🏁😉

375CF583-A6A5-45C6-97A0-441D11EBE4EE.jpeg

A4AFA365-77D1-49F0-9120-B027BDE9EF9B.jpeg

77A0701C-257C-4A71-A79C-0F7CBBCD3EF1.jpeg

I'd love one of those - An AWD manual turbo-charged *YARIS*?!?!?!? Yes please! :naughty: :laugh: 

But I don't think I could afford the running costs - 35mpg and 6000 mile services so for me that's 3 services a year :eek: 

And smeg knows what the insurance is!!!

2 hours ago, Cyker said:

I'd love one of those - An AWD manual turbo-charged *YARIS*?!?!?!? Yes please! :naughty: :laugh: 

But I don't think I could afford the running costs - 35mpg and 6000 mile services so for me that's 3 services a year :eek: 

You forgot the £850 a year road tax, but its probably one of the best petrol manual money can buy new currently 👌🚗🏁

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cyker said:

It’s a normal Yaris Hybrid engine (?) ……

Are you getting confused with the “Yaris GR” ?

I was tempted when this Yaris GR Sport was first announced but had a hunch the UK spec would end up being lackluster & as it turns out my hunch was correct.

Equipment / options available elsewhere in Europe are missing & not even on the optional extra list for UK customers. 

I'm glad I ordered a C-HR instead.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Graham47 said:

It’s a normal Yaris Hybrid engine (?) ……

Are you getting confused with the “Yaris GR” ?

Me and Tony were talking about the GR4's in the photos he posted, not the hybrid GR Sport - Definitely don't want one of those! The Mk4 I already have is better (Doesn't have stupidly big rims and has a HUD!)

21 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

You forgot the £850 a year road tax, but its probably one of the best petrol manual money can buy new currently 👌🚗🏁

Only for the first year, then it's £155 :naughty: 

Cheaper to tax than the RAV4's! :laugh:  (I think they'd catch up on fuel consumption tho'...)

But yeah, I think it will be the last of its kind ahead of the ICE ban :crybaby: 

• Thanks 1

I look forward to seeing one ‘in the metal’, the lower rear ‘diffuser’ looks very nice !

• Like 2

Looks like a Design with a body kit and wheels also they have finally dropped the Lunch edition leaving only 4 in the range

I think the dynamic was one of the best trim levels with best interior., other countries have so much better options to choose. 

They have removed the GR sport from the site , maybe needed to tweak the options ?

FWIW, no change as yet on French Toyota site.

So with the Launch Edition gone (Which, to be fair, makes sense since it 'launched' over a year ago!), does that mean the only model with a HUD is the Excel??

Looks like it, the seats are the same as the Excel but all cloth in the GR Sport, looks like you can order the older 2021.5 cars still

• 2 weeks later...

The Yaris GR Sport is now on Toyota's UK website again. No options other than the City Pack, which seems a bit odd. I'd expect some more tweaking to allow addition of mudflows, rubber mats, etc. to appear eventually.