Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Is a second remote possible.

Hornet3D

20 minutes ago, forkingabout said:

Its basically used as a security procedure. 

Its to stop people walking in of the street with a VIN & ordering a key cut to a vehicle they don't own.

Peugeot dealerships ask for V5C & photo ID plus take copies of them to keep on file before supplying any security codes / keys or locks.

I totally understood why the process was in place and was happy to use it, the Peugeot has the extra step of the Photo ID which also makes sense.

• Like 1

Nice one, that a good price for an official Toyota one, cloned ones round our way few years ago just bit less than that, just goes to show worth asking parts department for spares cos you never know I been pleasantly surprised over the years. They did it the right way as well asking for the V5, but like getting replacement number plates nowadays.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't let anyone fob you off !

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...

Car was booked in this morning to have the new remote key programmed which I had already confirmed was now in stock.  I arrived a little early and was dealt with immediately by a charming young lady who advised it would take around a hour but could stretch to one hour thirty if they hit problems.  When I said I was happy to wait she directed me to a little pod off of the main receptions waiting area.  I had taken an Ebook reader to pass the time and was supplied with some great hot chocolate while I waited.

Pretty well dead on the hour the young lady came back with two keys and guided me out to where the car was parked.  The new key worked as expected with even the blade being cut so it would start the ignition.  For some reason I had expected to have to sort that myself.  The total coast of the programming was  £56.40, which I had to pay over the phone later as I had forgotten to take my wallet.

Total cost was £106.26 as the key itself was £49.86, to my mind a reasonable cost considering the alternative charge if you lose the one remote key which is supplied with the car.  The customer service was first class which also gives me some peace of mind as I intend to have all the servicing done there as well.

• Like 5

Good info, as a few years ago know our local security shop charged about £80 for a clone key, so that is great price for the genuine article. As ever, worth asking your dealer cos they can be good value.

• Like 2

On 3/2/2022 at 5:27 PM, PetrolDave said:

My 2020 Aygo came with 2 remotes - maybe because I have keyless entry?

I'd rather pay the extra for a second remote not to have the keyless entry but then that's just me.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links