Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Seat belt extenders

wildtapholer

Hi all, has anyone fitted any seatbelt extenders in their Yaris, my daughter has them in her Ford mondeo and they're great, putting the grandchildren in the back of a Yaris is hard work and you have to climb in to reach the seat belt buckles. The wife got in the car the other week and the door closed on her and she couldn't get out because the child locks were on. I've seen a lot of extenders claiming to be universal but unsure so wondered if any members had used them and which one did they purchase.

On 3/2/2022 at 12:55 PM, wildtapholer said:

Hi all, has anyone fitted any seatbelt extenders in their Yaris, my daughter has them in her Ford mondeo and they're great, putting the grandchildren in the back of a Yaris is hard work and you have to climb in to reach the seat belt buckles. The wife got in the car the other week and the door closed on her and she couldn't get out because the child locks were on. I've seen a lot of extenders claiming to be universal but unsure so wondered if any members had used them and which one did they purchase.

Never heard of the seat belt extenders before Ian, for what particular purpose do you need them for ??

• Like 1

They're only 12cm long, the seat belt clip is only just level with the seat, with a child seat in, with the child in  it's really difficult to reach over to the point you nearly have to get in the back of the car with them, hence the wife got locked in, it makes them easier to reach over the car seats and clip in.

• Like 1

Can you not leave seat belt attached to buckle and just unravel belt for egress, then do the same for ingress, then reposition around seat?

Not on the child seat, it wraps around like a proper seat belt, the seat is free and the seat belt straps the seat in and the child in the seat. I take it no one has a Yaris with  grandchildren if they have never come across them and the problem of trying to fasten a seat belt.

s-l1600 (1).jpg

I've looked at a lot and all claim to fit but will they, we tried to put our daughters extenders into the Yaris which were supposed to be universal and they wouldn't fit, that's why I posted the question, has any Yaris member fitted any and which one's.

I used to fully extend the seat belt and use a clothes peg to jam the belt. Made fitting kiddie seats much easier. Don't know if it will help in your case?

Pulling the belt out isn't the problem, it's fastening the clip. When the grandchildren get in, they can't always reach them and when they can, the clip sometimes goes either under the seat they're sitting on or pushes down below the cushion, the extender will make it more reach able for them and us, who them have to climb in the car to fasten the belt for them.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links