Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Change Speed dial to Digital format

CaroWoo

Hi all, I collected my lovely Yaris Cross Excel yesterday and prefer the speedo to show in digital format but I’m really struggling to find how to do it. I was able to change it on my previous Corolla hybrid so I hope it’s possible on the Cross. Any help much appreciate. 

• Like 1

scroll down the setings screen with the controls on the wheel to MPH iirc its towards the bottom - it depends on what display you have digital is only on the 7" display or HUD

P499

https://d24bc9lyrt5en5.cloudfront.net/Customer-Portal-Admin/emanuals/TOYOTA/OM52N15E.pdf

• Like 1

It certainly is possible its actually in the handbook, cant exactly remember where ..think its in the settings options on the steering wheel. Im sure someone else will reply before I get he handbook out.

Thank you for your replies, I’ve looked through the handbook so many times it’s given me a headache! I just can’t find where it says how to do it. I have 7” screen and no idea if I have HUD fitted, not seen it on the screen so maybe not. To be honest, I don’t really know what is and isn’t fitted on this model. 

Oh that's horrible, I didn't realise they used the Corolla dash in the Yaris Cross instead of the Yaris dash! This is the sort of Toyota weirdness that always confuses me - The Yaris dash is sooo much better! Nice massive numbers for the speedo!

Toyota%20Yaris%20Cross%20020.jpg

Toyota-Yaris-Cross-X-Hybrid-Digital-Gauge-Cluster.jpg

Well, if it's the same as the Corolla, this video may help:

... but the 'digital mode' is kinda underwhelming as the 'speedo' is tiny...

• Thanks 1

The manual i posted above

P117

Go in to the menu and find "Settings" (picture of a cog) - Meter type

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cyker said:

Oh that's horrible, I didn't realise they used the Corolla dash in the Yaris Cross instead of the Yaris dash! This is the sort of Toyota weirdness that always confuses me - The Yaris dash is sooo much better! Nice massive numbers for the speedo!

The Icon spec comes with analogue speedo with digital speed in centre instrument panel. Kinda like having the option of both - as per my C-HR and current Yaris.

New Design we are having only has the digital display  - as per your bottom picture.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Cyker said:

Different folks, different strokes etc. but I think that the Corolla dash is much nicer!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, flash22 said:

The manual i posted above

P117

Go in to the menu and find "Settings" (picture of a cog) - Meter type

Thank you so much Flash22, I followed what you said and I’ve done it! 

• Like 2

• 9 months later...
On 3/2/2022 at 7:49 PM, flash22 said:

scroll down the setings screen with the controls on the wheel to MPH iirc its towards the bottom - it depends on what display you have digital is only on the 7" display or HUD

A late thanks for that. I'm seriously considering the Corolla but waiting to have a further test drive in the 2023MY before making any decision.

When I tested the 2022MY I asked the Sales Exec how to bring up this feature - she didn't know, nor did any of her colleagues.

Have now downloaded an owners manual which I shall study before my next dealer visit!

Although I’m trying to reserve judgement or comment about the digital format speedometer until I take delivery of my design model, I have to say that the font looks too small.  Hopefully the speedo font size can be enlarged via the control set up.

I would say having seen the above video of the digital speed display, it's on the small size. By looking at the video, I can't really see any more space for it to increase in size, hopefully it can for u. 

The size on the normal Yaris is much bigger which is the car I'm getting. Though I prefer to have it as one big dash with the Speedo in the top centre. 

• Like 1

Not sure if I’m 100% correct but the speedometer font on the Yaris Cross Icon model appears to be larger than the Design and Excel variants.

On 12/6/2022 at 2:47 PM, Jimota said:

Not sure if I’m 100% correct but the speedometer font on the Yaris Cross Icon model appears to be larger than the Design and Excel variants.

But the dash on the Design and Excel looks much better.

Yes, I agree, the dash on these models does look better but  I would prefer a bigger speedo font if possible.

The problem is they aren't digital dashes, they're analogue ones with a multi-display in the middle, so the 'digital' mode is sort of tacked on.

There's nowhere to put a bigger digital speedo like there is on the proper digital dashes, which were designed to have big clear digital displays from the ground up.

You could get an ODB2 digital speedo tho' or even get a bluetooth ODB2 dongle and a customizable smartphone app and display speed, rpm, oil temp and all sorts of cool stuff!

Sorry Cyker, I have no knowledge or experience with ODB2s or any sort of dongle for that matter.  Are you saying that the font size on the speedo can be adjusted if I have one of these electrickery devices?  If not, I’ll just invest in a Sherlock Holmes magnifying glass or even better, get a pair of those new revolutionary power spectacles with integral LED lights from that famous internet shopping company that sells all sorts of wonderful life changing aspirational products. 🤓

Ahh sorry, it's a electronical gizmo that plugs into the diagnostic socket of the car (I'm sure someone will post where exactly :laugh: ), and the bluetooth ones can send that data to mobile phone apps.

Alas I don't think it could change the font as I suspect all that stuff is hard-coded by Toyota...