Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2000 Corolla door replacement

kingnothing

I have a 2000 Corolla e110 hatchback and it has a huge dent in the door which can’t be repaired. The car has a few other bumps and scratches but I’d like to spend some money on it to get it looking nice again as the car is a great runner. Unfortunately I don’t know the first thing about getting a door replaced although I’ve enquired at an online ‘breakers’ but they gave me quotes for just the Shell or something like that. Can I just get the door Shell and use all the stuff from the old door or does it not work like that? The current door works fine although the window sticks a bit sometimes when opening and closing. Anyone got experience of changing a car door?

54DA7B3C-82EC-4EF7-8603-C964D10E087D.jpeg

6767FE38-74D8-4071-B1E9-FE65CE2686B4.jpeg

6141E6BC-073A-4D33-BF11-A2C2C516AC68.jpeg

Hi,

Expect you could tranfer the workings from your old door to a new Shell, but unless very much into diy it could be a big job.

Possibly the breakers you spoke to only had the shells left after other folk had taken the inner parts ?

Worth looking around for local breakers or places like here  -  £60 + cariage for a complete door in your colour

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/324565917321?mkevt=1&mkcid=1&mkrid=710-53481-19255-0&campid=5338365712&toolid=20006&customid=EB43469504&

8 hours ago, oldcodger said:

Hi,

Expect you could tranfer the workings from your old door to a new shell, but unless very much into diy it could be a big job.

Possibly the breakers you spoke to only had the shells left after other folk had taken the inner parts ?

Worth looking around for local breakers or places like here  -  £60 + cariage for a complete door in your colour

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/324565917321?mkevt=1&mkcid=1&mkrid=710-53481-19255-0&campid=5338365712&toolid=20006&customid=EB43469504&

Thanks oldcodger, yeah I might try some local breakers and see if they have anything. It’s a shame that door you shared is for the 5 door. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just found a potential replacement door, however it’s from a ‘97 Corolla. Would this fit my 2000 Corolla?

Sorry , no idea, hopefully someone will come in with an answer for you.

There are some tech manuals /parts lists , some free, that you might be able to look at and see if the door part numbers  are the same for those years .... ?

001148.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/17/2022 at 5:06 PM, oldcodger said:

Sorry , no idea, hopefully someone will come in with an answer for you.

There are some tech manuals /parts lists , some free, that you might be able to look at and see if the door part numbers  are the same for those years .... ?

001148.jpg

Thanks old codger, don't suppose you know of anywhere that might have these parts lists?

If you search on those names it will show you those mentioned sites, then just select your car type  - 

eg    https://www.megazip.net/zapchasti-dlya-avtomobilej/toyota/corolla-38234

You might want to PM  @Flash22 if thats not what you want as he provided those links and is very much into all these part numbers and sites.

001160.jpg