Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Compressor blowing fuses ?

drpete

Hi any one out there know what would cause the fuse to keep blowing on the compressor of my 06 T6 compressor? Thanks

Bob, thanks for the quick reply, i can get started on it now. thanks

As the Car is based off the T Sport and is a small production, there is very little info on the compressor cars

As per the other thread, you may find the volvo penta (boat) SC clutches fit

looks like I'll order the 3581724 volvo boat one from Ireland. nearly £4oo with VAT and post. i got the car 2 days ago, knowing it was blowing fuses. didn't expect the fault to blow a big hole in my pocket like that though....

job done.. thanks for the input Guys. I'll iet you know how it goes when it gets here.

I would give the bolts and bearing a good soak with GT85, Plus Gas or Duck oil over a few days, if you haven't got any, get some decent circlip pliers - And a lot of pound coins to put the swear jar

• Like 1

compressor kit promptly turned up to day from Yacht Boat Parts. after reading all the threads ect over and over i went for the 23285069, replacing the old nos....724, 062, 786. my pulley id is OSCI-MGO1A 504. new pulley OSC-01 107. touch wood the splines are the same. best get the tools and swear box out.

opps got new pully no. wrong, its..OSC-MG01.. 107.  im now wondering about oil. not much mention apart from the Matrix guy in USA. what oil is it in UK? Thanks

Hi Pete,
The oil that you're after is Klubersynth GH 6-80
Unfortunately, it's only sold in litres and 1 litre costs about £80

14 minutes ago, drpete said:

opps got new pully no. wrong, its..OSC-MG01.. 107.  im now wondering about oil. not much mention apart from the Matrix guy in USA. what oil is it in UK? Thanks

Just found a seller on eBay.uk. £11.00 for 200ml !!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/123248843074?hash=item1cb2341942:g:1jsAAOSw7P5bSOz1

thanks for that Alex. reckon I'll do a engine oil and tiny little oil filter change while I'm at it. any recommendations of best oil appreciated.

Hey Pete,
Make sure to take the front bumper and undertray off.......As well as raising your car about a foot, in the air, it'll help when you take your charger off.
Get yourself a decent set of (heavy duty) circlip plyers!!
Take care of the gasket, when you take the chargers inlet manifold off.
With regards to engine oil, just use a good 5W30 fully synthetic oil. Everyone has their own, favourite, brand.

• 4 weeks later...

compressor clutch took a day and a half, and filled the swear box up. drained small amount of black oil out and replenished with GH6-80. (thanks for eBay link Aiex). while charger off took crank breather pipe off, it was nearly completely blocked . cleaned every pipe I could find after seeing that. had a toyota engine oil filter on, which made me wounder if its ever had a service, put a cooper filter on and topped her up with Mobile 1 engine oil, new snake drive belt, plugs and air filter . off I go for a test run, wow does it go, however i didnt like the handling over 6000rpm, so chaneged  the 4 odd tyres new Toyo Proxes TR1. still not right seems like shocks, and can i find any for a tte comp; No. thank god I got this beast dirt cheap.

• Like 3

Thanks for the update, did you have to mix and match new and old, 2zz not going into VVTLi aka lift is a classic sign of the lift bolts need doing,  check the resistance of the solenoid(s), it may not be a bad idea to check/clean/replace VVTLi solenoid filter too, as if the timing gears don't get enough oil pressure they fail to adjust under rpm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmhqjQtAk3E

I would suspect the suspension is UK spec Tsport, fensport maybe able to help with that one

• Like 1

IIRC the Compressor doesn't have 'lift' like the T-Sport does so that may be normal!

(Sweet car by the way :biggrin: )

Pete,

The standard T-Sport and Compressor shocks are different and Toyota will charge you the earth for a set of Compressor shocks.
I wanted a set 6 years ago and they quoted me £1500.00!

So, I bought a set of BC's... Car handles and looks 100%

https://gt4-play.co.uk/shop/bc-racing-coilover-suspension

At the car wash.jpg

• Like 1

Toyota know how to charge, the springs are the expensive part, the shocks are more than likely KYB i cant see them being much different as there is not much weight difference

The BC shocks fit the T Sport

Eibach springs should give you the same ride height as factory with standard shocks

https://kyb-europe.com/catalogue/

Listed under corolla E12 218 or 224 bhp

KBA 5048101 that crosses to the lotus Elise 1.8 supercharged

19 hours ago, flash22 said:

Thanks for the update, did you have to mix and match new and old, 2zz not going into VVTLi aka lift is a classic sign of the lift bolts need doing,  check the resistance of the solenoid(s), it may not be a bad idea to check/clean/replace VVTLi solenoid filter too, as if the timing gears don't get enough oil pressure they fail to adjust under rpm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmhqjQtAk3E

I would suspect the suspension is UK spec Tsport, fensport maybe able to help with that one

the volvo s/c clutch was identical so no probs there, however it kicks in just after start up, if this is normal? I could of welded the plate to the pully and saved myself near on £400. for the sake of saving a thimble of petrol a week. had a look at that link Bob, after seeing the state of my crank breather, can't imagine what that valve filter and that neat oil pipe that sends oil on top of the cam shafts must be like. another job on the list. got to say through these engines are so well designed, its a pleasure owning one, even with the list of jobs to do.

• Like 1

S/C kicking in after start-up is normal.
You'll save more than a thimble as the S/C peters off at high revs.
You should have done the OCV filters whilst the charger was off. It's impossible to get to the front one, because it's behind the charger!

• Like 1

Pete,
whilst you have the cam cover off check your "lift" bolts. It's a easy job and cheap to do.

when I took the charger of, I didn't have a clue what was what on this super engine. being a old school motor engineer, i gave up mechanics when vehicle technician's took over. so im well tooled up for any job, just got to get learning ,I've watched the links on the little filter and and the lifter bolts, got to be done. every time l called the main dealers to order the bolts l get a machine playing distorted crap music, then a voice telling me to leave my no. and they will get back to me. after several attempts of calling back to Toyota, still no call back. guess I'll drive there and put my order in, rather than bye a part as sensitive as these bolts from gong wong on the net. I've put my suspension on hold for now, the car has got Eibach suspension, don't know if thats what Toyota used? I've got a couple of steering joints to do and the brake discs and pads, although the brakes work ok. when I get bac to shocks, I think it will be best on a new topics. appreciate all your input folk's.

• Thanks 1