Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Compressor blowing fuses ?

drpete

the main double bearing x2 on gear box side are NSK japan. BD17-21aNX the inner race has x26. not obtainable. the oil seal x3 are NOK japan AE1215G not obtainable. I've found a seal match NE1716 PIA. the fluid thats injected throug the 2 holes and into the bearing and casing recesses I'm going to use loctite 638. and punch the casing at top of bearing to make sure it won't come out. dont know weather to pack bearings with white lith or cv black lithium?

it shouldn't need grease as they are in an oil bath or rubber shielded 2rs bearing should be pre-filled

• Like 1

hi Bob, I'm using 2 of the bearings from the box of Volvo blowers i found on the net. I've poped one of the rubber seals off, thoroughly cleaned it and injected new grease in and poped the seal back on. as for the bearing retaining liquid, i was just looking at the rebuild kit on eBay and noticed theres a pack of loctite epoxy in the kit, so I've ordered some, and see how it compairs with the loctite 638.

loctite is oil safe and has a higher temperature rating, IIRC it's also anaerobic

epoxy is a very different beast with many types

maybe I'll stick with the loctite 638 then. i wish i knew how to put pics up.

• 4 weeks later...

ive got the charger all sorted, how ever when I spin it up it dosent feel balanced, so I've assembled a volvo peta blower out of the best parts i have, and it confirms mine is out. pitty i didn't know then what I know now now about dismantling the Ogura blowers. i think I bent the pully shaft banging it out, not knowing about the glued in bearings. I'm now looking for a tx12 for parts or the whole thing. I've found a c12 blower and I'm not sure if the gearbox bearing case and the rotors are the same. any help would be appreciated.

Are the gears timed up correctly ? The rotors need to be aligned correctly, a machine shop should be able to true the shaft(s) and check the balance

• Like 1

all timed up as the Ogura diagram you put up earlier on the thread. the volvo penta ogura blower I've assembled is spot on, so I'm wondering about the cracked bearing case l had welded up, the bearing doesn't seem to seat perfectly. I've searched everywhere to find one for sale. the only one is the c12 in Canada £500 plus post. I'm pretty sure the piston's and the bearing casing are the same. I've got my sons wedding in Wales on the 17 sep so its all getting a bit urgent. guess I'll have to bite the bullet and get the c12 in Canada via the fastest post.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links