Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Reverse mute

Woofwoof

Corolla my22 model with smart connect+

Is there any way to set the car to mute audio whilst in reverse?

many previous cars have had it and I find it very useful

Additionally, when using Siri on CarPlay it doesn’t mute audio unlike any other CarPlay I’ve used but I haven’t checked CarPlay setting yet.

Thanks

With the Smart Connect system being so new things like this crop up - maybe mention it to Toyota as they may be able to tweak future firmware releases to offer these functions.

Carista obd 2 and you can do this and many more functions, worth its price 👍

On 3/4/2022 at 6:22 PM, TonyHSD said:

Carista obd 2 and you can do this and many more functions, worth its price 👍

What's this then?

3 hours ago, 2badmice said:

What's this then?

It’s an obd 2 adapter that 

let you connect to your car obd 2 port and you can do diagnostics, change some settings, read and clear fault codes, monitoring hybrid system and traction Battery etc. Here a link. 👍 https://www.amazon.co.uk/Carista-Bluetooth-Adapter-Scanner-Technology/dp/B00YVHGTBM/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=1T7K2ISW5F69D&keywords=carista&qid=1646570761&sprefix=%2Caps%2C166&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&smid=A2FFESA4WJEXUA&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUFNSTROOUVMTDNFMEsmZW5jcnlwdGVkSWQ9QTAyNTk3MDlSWUc5OUFXNko4NlkmZW5jcnlwdGVkQWRJZD1BMDM1MzY3MjNERU5JR0hZRDgxN0cmd2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGYmYWN0aW9uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl
I did mute the passenger seat belt beep as it’s very annoying but left the reverse as I am use to it and I think is helpful. 

23D2A0BA-0D70-45B4-A699-7137000893F2.jpeg

C738E240-93DD-4C11-B5FB-BA28BB4FA86D.jpeg

498E0B5F-CC54-4D54-B760-229E5A56F013.jpeg

22E734E0-32C2-4175-8BEB-281C72BAADF9.png

• Like 1

On 3/6/2022 at 9:03 AM, 2badmice said:

What's this then?

I’m going to the dealer to pick up something tonight or tomo so I’ll ask them to do it then

Are you guys talking about the same thing? As I read it, WoofWoof wants to silence the radio in order to hear the reverse bleeps whilst TonyHSD seems to be talking about turning off the reverse bleeps?

Apologies if I've got this all wrong. I'm not sure the dealer can turn off the radio whilst reversing.

Why not just turn off the multimedia unit when reversing !

• 2 weeks later...

I think I'm on the same page as the OP in that I'd prefer to mute or at least reduce the multimedia when reversing.  It's something my Golf did when I had one and it's a nice to have feature as it turns back up once you're out of reverse.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 2badmice said:

I think I'm on the same page as the OP in that I'd prefer to mute or at least reduce the multimedia when reversing.  It's something my Golf did when I had one and it's a nice to have feature as it turns back up once you're out of reverse.

My current Skoda is the same, doesn’t reduce the volume on phone calls (either bluetooth or CarPlay), but radio or media are volume reduced. As mine has front sensors it doesn’t return to full volume when you take out of reverse, but only when you reach 20kph.