Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

regenerative braking

GBgraham

Just wondering, does anyone feel as I do that the regenerative braking is not working as well as it was when I first got the car new. I don't mean charge wise, just the braking side. It may be me just getting used to the car but it just doesn't feel to hold back on braking as much as it did.

The regen braking and it's effects, can be thought of as 3 stages. first when you take your foot off the accelerator, second when you apply the brake peddle and lastly when you use B mode.

The first stage, doesn't slow you down as much as pressing the brake. B mode has the bigger effect and is not meant for continuous use.

We’re at just under 5000 miles and I can’t say I’ve noticed any change.

No, Toyota hybrids doesn’t change behaviour of regenerative braking, efficiency or anything else even after 10+ years and over 200k miles, everything remains the same as day one. 👍

• Like 2

The regen braking on my Mk4 is still very strong! Had nearly a year now!

Is actually causing me problems as it's so strong the friction brakes are getting rusty as they only get used right at the end or if I do a really hard stop!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Cyker said:

The regen braking on my Mk4 is still very strong! Had nearly a year now!

Is actually causing me problems as it's so strong the friction brakes are getting rusty as they only get used right at the end or if I do a really hard stop!

Rusty brake discs, particularly the rears, are a common problem with the Hybrids , particularly if you drive very smoothly and anticipate the road conditions well a head. I always use every steepish downhill to give the brakes a good workout when it’s safe to do so to try and keep them rust free 👍

• Like 4

On 3/4/2022 at 4:39 PM, TonyHSD said:

No, Toyota hybrids doesn’t change behaviour of regenerative braking, efficiency or anything else even after 10+ years and over 200k miles, everything remains the same as day one. 👍

Thanks guys, I'll just put it down to familiarity and the probability that I am driving the car faster. I never use the B mode, I'm old fashioned, I hate to hear the engine screaming

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links