Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

A/c not working

Gary webb

Had a/c working last week, on my iq3 now it has stopped working, gad it regassed not clicking on and off wwhena/c switch iis pressed on , any thoughts from anyone, it was working 

Gary webb

Hi Gary

have you checked to see if the switch is working?

Moved to the IQ club

Hi Gary.

This happened on my iQ3 last year. I initially thought that the system needed a re-gas with the car being 9 years old, but my diagnostic tool revealed fault code B1479 "Flow sensor fault" (Air con gas)'

Fortunately I had taken out Toyota extended warranty. I was informed that the low sensor switch is an integral part of the air- con compressor and is not available as a separate item ! Compressor was renewed as warranty claim. Fault cured.

• Like 1

I wonder if that would be covered under the Relax warranty...?

So far, reports from Relax claims have been very mixed...!

https://www.toyota.co.uk/download/cms/gben/Toyota Relax TCs - 25.05.21_tcm-3060-2286757.pdf

Air conditioning / Heating
Heater Core; Heater Flaps and Motors; Heater Fan Motor; AC Compressor; Condenser;
Evaporator; Receiver/Dryer Unit; Heater Controls; Heater Valve; Evaporator
Temperature Sensor;

I suppose the gas could be classed as a consumable if the dealer is being picky

any car over 10 years or 100k miles isn't covered

• Like 1

Hi Gary.

It would probably be prudent to access a diagnostic scanner tool, or, ask a garage to see if any fault codes are stored.

If the new "Relax" warranty did cover the compressor / flow sensor, (if indeed this is the fault), I would hope that the cost of using diagnostic scanning for codes in order to confirm fault, would be covered under the warranty as well !

• Like 1

Usually, the standard practise of Toyota dealers is to charge a (Currently £150) diagnostic fee.

If they find a fault and you agree to pay what they quote to fix it, they usually waive the diagnostic fee.

If they don't find a fault or you don't agree to their quote, you do have to pay the fee tho', and you won't get it back if you later ask them to the quoted work later. (Although I hear some of the nicer dealers will knock it off the quote if you ask nicely)

OP has a 2010 IQ, so it won't be covered anyway

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links