Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Turn media off Toyota smart connect

drobb

Ok.... How do you do a basic thing like turning the radio off.... I know you can mute the sound, but when you turn the car on the next time, the media that was previously playing comes on...... It's really annoying..... Yaris cross dynamic, with the big 9 inch Toyota smart connect

Doesn’t the driver handbook give you the answer

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, drobb said:

Ok.... How do you do a basic thing like turning the radio off.... I know you can mute the sound, but when you turn the car on the next time, the media that was previously playing comes on...... It's really annoying..... Yaris cross dynamic, with the big 9 inch Toyota smart connect

Push the r/h knob (on the head unit) to turn it off. It should stay off when you next start the car.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Catlover said:

Doesn’t the driver handbook give you the answer

An excellent question. What do you say Drobb ?

press and hold home button top left and it will turn off ... took me a while to work that one out..

nice car enjoy!

• Like 1

It's not in the handbook at all.... Thanks daimler.driver..... I'll try that tomorrow 👍

• Thanks 1

On 3/5/2022 at 8:06 PM, daimler.driver said:

press and hold home button top left and it will turn off ... took me a while to work that one out..

nice car enjoy!

This will also turn off the display, Page 5 of the Multimedia manual.  If you want the display to remain on select USB as the audio source (with no USB stick in, obviously).

On 3/5/2022 at 8:28 PM, drobb said:

It's not in the handbook at all.... Thanks daimler.driver..... I'll try that tomorrow 👍

You need the Multimedia manual from the Toyota web site - OMYTP61.E, page 5 tells you about the button functions.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Sidrat said:

This will also turn off the display, Page 5 of the Multimedia manual.  If you want the display to remain on select USB as the audio source (with no USB stick in, obviously).

Thanks, gonna give a try. For my small journey, i really don't need the infotainment display to be on. In my last car, it was off but the display showed time, day and date bit like computer or phone. Is this something that one can configure the display to? 

Usb is not a selectable input if no usb stick is inserted..... Also when I turn the screen off, and turn it on again, the radio previously playing resumes.......... Grrrrrrrr

1 hour ago, drobb said:

Usb is not a selectable input if no usb stick is inserted..... Also when I turn the screen off, and turn it on again, the radio previously playing resumes.......... Grrrrrrrr

Dave, was going on what my previous Auris and current Corolla does, have you tried contacting Toyota direct, they usually give you an answer quite quick.

Will do.... We are also having difficulty connecting the smart media to the my t app.... Not recognising the qr code.... Something's not right 👍

• 3 months later...

Just got my yaris cross premiere.

Every time I start up the radio starts playing. Is there any way to mute the sound / media so its off when I start up each time.

No, just turn it down before you get out of the car

If you turn it off the media unit before you turn the car off, it should stay off when you turn the car on again; Does it not do that?

That's odd, same question asked by 2 members

A quick look at the manual, press and hold the home button for 1.5-2 seconds to mute and turn off the display or a long press of the mode button to mute//unmute

On 6/14/2022 at 2:52 PM, MTE said:

Just got my yaris cross premiere.

Every time I start up the radio starts playing. Is there any way to mute the sound / media so its off when I start up each time.

Press radio button in on left its then off until you press it again same trick works on steering wheel

audio controlls so play obout with that if you want to.

Dont use volueme control its saves some power when switched off.

press buton in to turn on off radio its also rotates to controll volume setting.

Sorry about my last message

Have you tried holding in the radio buttons for a few seconds to see if that works if that fails

have a look in settings for a radio on off option it must have a hidden option to change even if you select usb port for mp3 player without having a usb port occupied.

Hope this helps

Long Press on the steering wheel Mode button will Mute/Unmute or Pause/Resume audio depending on the current source.

In the case of Apple CarPlay it performs a mute.