Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Turn media off Toyota smart connect

drobb

2 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

See 1.2 Home Button page 7 of the attached:

Also see 1.2 Mode Button on page 10 of the manual. In summary:

• Home Button - Long Press - Turn off display and mute media playback.

• Mode Button (Steering Wheel) - Long Press - Mute/Unmute or Pause/Resume audio depending on the current source (display remains on).

• Volume (-) Button - Long Press - Decrease volume of current source continuously until minimum

• Like 1

Push mode button to mute sound...... Ok..... Turn off car.... Turn on again...... Radio comes on......... That works well don't it 😂

• Sad 1

Dang. I guess that only leaves using the volume level. I’m pretty sure that is retained.

Raise an issue with Toyota GB. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Had an interesting one today, drove home, parked on my drive, switched off the car, radio was still playing.  Started car again, turned it off radio still playing.  Tried different things just would not turn off, last resort I did a factory reset of the system, all cured.

Hello is there anyone there?? It’s gone quiet.  This has been asked before and the replies have been tried BUT.. Does anyone know how to turn off the radio so it doesn’t annoy you when you turn on the ignition? YES I have read the handbook for what good that does, is it a stupid fault Toyota have forgotten to address? I’m turning the volume down before turning off the ignition, shouldn’t be doing that but?????

I think all the known options have been discussed. I would suggest contacting the Toyota Multimedia team.

https://fal.cn/3eeaN

I use Apple CarPlay so it always reverts to that with no annoyance for me.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

As we know, switching to another source only works if you have another source (not the case if you just use radio).

They need to add a source called NONE or OFF. Or alternatively have an ON/OFF toggle on the radio screen. Either should be simple to add through a software update.

• Haha 1

Good grief, that is so stupid... thank smeg I got the old radio with actual buttons and a 'power' button that actually turns the multimedia part of the head unit on and off!!

I swear they don't test these things with normal humans... not just this but all 'new' interfaces are just godawful! Just big and flashy and awkward to use with nonsensical placement of things (Yes I'm also talking about Windows 11. We're getting close to the year of Linux on the desktop, not because Linux has gotten any better, but because Windows has gotten worse!!)

As I am the author of this post and have been living with this foible since march..... I've just got used to holding - button to mute.... Only takes 2 seconds, and when you want radio on you can increase volume gradually 

• 8 months later...

My wife has just sent a message to the Toyota Multimedia team about this issue with her new Yaris Cross. She doesn't want to keep disturbing our neighbours when starting the car early in the morning.

I'm not expecting much of a response, but if people don't highlight it, they won't know it's a problem.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links