Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris - delivery, etc

Cjohnston1982

19 hours ago, Hedleyr said:

Hi all

the dealership phoned me when it landed in the country the original date was the 15/02/2022 and that was on the 01/10/2021 but it was a week out so that wasn’t too bad but talking to the dealership today he said that it’s now September for the next batch of vehicles 

Hedley

That's interesting, I'm wondering if that's for new orders placed now? I ordered mine in Dec and expecting it Apr/May

18 hours ago, Hedleyr said:

Hi all

the dealership phoned me when it landed in the country the original date was the 15/02/2022 and that was on the 01/10/2021 but it was a week out so that wasn’t too bad but talking to the dealership today he said that it’s now September for the next batch of vehicles 

Hedley

Looks like my Excel was on the same boat. It's arrived at the dealers today and I'll pick it up sometime next week. Ordered on the 12th September.

• Like 3

On 3/3/2022 at 9:17 PM, Hedleyr said:

Hi all     

I picked up my Yaris Excel today and it’s brilliant 😍😍 I have just tried to upload some photos but they failed to upload 

Hedley

Brilliant. I hope you enjoy it 👍

Has anyone determined if cars being delivered now are 22my or is there a date when these start being built/shipped?

Looking to get new Yaris  excel moon roof JBL Speakers pearlescent White what’s the delivery date at moment anyone thanks

Same spec as ours apart from the colour (Scarlet Flare). We ordered in December last year and have been told a provisional date of September this year.

Ordered Excel in Decuma grey, expecting September.

• Like 1

Thanks on we buy any car my Yaris is worth £18600  what more do you think I could get with trade in if I buy new car ?

You’ll probably get a better idea of the figure if you use the “value my car” option on the Toyota configurator.

22-28 weeks, the Pano roof always adds to wait as those cars are usually batched together for production

i take it you have seen the Excel interior

this forum isn't affiliated with Toyota in any way

JBL system is also part of the Tech Pack which is also part of the wait. As Flash22 says, cars are usually batched for production.

51 minutes ago, flash22 said:

22-28 weeks, the Pano roof always adds to wait as those cars are usually batched together for production

i take it you have seen the Excel interior

this forum isn't affiliated with Toyota in any way

No have not seen the interior why 

Finally my wait for the Yaris got to an end we ordered on the last day of August 2021 and arrived to UK mid February.

This past weekend got delivery of my wife's  Excel, good impressions for now, a point I wasn't expecting the window switch's don't gave lights, if we take into consideration the mirror switches have them.

She's very pleased with the Yaris.

One wait ended and another started as we decided to exchange the CHR for a RAV4 PHEV and delivery was quoted for September, long way to go.

• Like 1

On 3/4/2022 at 5:29 PM, DaveinWales said:

Looks like my Excel was on the same boat.

If produced in France, would probably have been on the same train -

• Haha 1

Woo hoo - just moved to “in build” status.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Big_D said:

It's very light 

yaris_interior.jpg

Don’t mind the light inside got a figure of £20260 on my Yaris see if I can do a deal with them 

I would have preferred a dark interior but have gotten used to the light interior. It does 'lighten' the cabin, but does mark annoyingly easily; The 'vegan leather' :rolleyes: on the centre arm rest on mine has had so many black streaks on it from where something has grazed it. Thankfully the soft pencil eraser trick still works to get rid of the worst of them!

• Like 1

Imust remember the pencil eraser trip. I'm sure it's going to be needed.

6 hours ago, YarisOAP said:

Don’t mind the light inside got a figure of £20260 on my Yaris see if I can do a deal with them 

Get your car from carwow, saving around £2k. 

I am finding it impossible to ascertain delivery times for a Yaris excel order placed 1st week Jan. This is extremely ironic given the religious claim by all the TPS - toyota  production system zealots it is a customer focused production system as well as being THE prime example of lean thinking  worldwide. It now appears marketing hype and reality is not the same thing. Cannot even "Mytoyota" to work.

5 minutes ago, Geoff Elliott said:

I am finding it impossible to ascertain delivery times for a Yaris excel order placed 1st week Jan. This is extremely ironic given the religious claim by all the TPS - toyota  production system zealots it is a customer focused production system as well as being THE prime example of lean thinking  worldwide. It now appears marketing hype and reality is not the same thing. Cannot even "Mytoyota" to work.

Maybe they haven't got enough microchips actually in stock to forecast future production accurately? It's been pretty obvious for the last three to four months that delivery from ordering was going to take around 6 months and the latest projections as long as a 9 month wait. Hope you get lucky!

Chip shortage hits virtually everything electronic - it's taken us 4 months to get a replacement Orlaco camera delivered for a reach forklift truck.

Yaris & Yaris Cross are extremely popular, Toyota can't build them fast enough to meet demand.

Some car companies have waiting lists of over 12 months for new factory build vehicles. 

On 3/8/2022 at 1:43 PM, Geoff Elliott said:

TPS is indeed a fantastic production system, however, if parts are not readily available and certain cars have a waiting list of 6 months plus, I really do not see how this is a reflection on THE best production system around! One which all other other companies strive to match.

I agree, it’s never been normal to wait more than 4-6 weeks for a car in the past, but times have changed. It’s unfair to state TPS is to blame.

At the end of the day it's just an efficient production system, not a magic unicorn :laugh: 

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links