Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mk1 yaris d4d no start

gregpearce32

Hi there i have a 2002 jtd d4d yaris, i took injectors out just after Christmas to clean carbon from nozzles after issues in accelerating up hill and general sluggishness, but while trying to get them out i mistakenly unscrewed the top solenoid bolt, after getting them out i took apart as per injector diagram, and replaced one ball seat which had broke. Then car wouldn’t start i think i knocked glowplugs when removing injectors, now after weeks of struggle drilling through head as 3 were welded in i have now redrilled and tapped holes and reassembled with hylomar on body and aluminium grease on threads, still no start, i have techstream just wondering what i need to check and reset

cheers

greg

Diesel injectors are precision items, I wouldn't attempt to dismantle one, you need special equipment to accurately calibrate them.

Have you bled the lines ? Up to the injectors ? Have you done an injector leak down test ? What is your fuel rail pressure in techstream ? Any codes stored if you run a full health check in TS

On 3/8/2022 at 2:53 PM, flash22 said:

Have you bled the lines ? Up to the injectors ? Have you done an injector leak down test ? What is your fuel rail pressure in techstream ? Any codes stored if you run a full health check in TS

Good idea ive not tried that only bled lines to injection pump, not done leak down test yet, loaded Techstream onto my laptop today so will connect tomorrow

On 3/8/2022 at 2:18 PM, bathtub tom said:

Diesel injectors are precision items, I wouldn't attempt to dismantle one, you need special equipment to accurately calibrate them.

I realised that after disassembly but they were baked in so only way I could get them out was with biggest adjustable spanner on solenoid nut which loosened them in the process

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links