Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Corolla or Suzuki Swace?

davidif

Looking potentially to update one of the cars in our household and have been veering towards either a Corolla TS or a Swace which are, I believe , the same car. Looking for opinions, particularly from anyone whose had similar thoughts.

Toyota produces the Swace for Suzuki to help Suzuki meet their fleet average emissions targets.

Think you just need to compare the specs and warranty details.

The Swace is very limited compared to the Corolla TS, only the 1.8 engine for example and just 2 rather than 5 different trims. There are some specification differences with spec on the Swace that is not even available on the Corolla.

• Like 1

Annoying to see the Suzuki Swace can have blind spot monitoring & rear cross traffic alert. 

Toyota UK need to wake up & listen to there protentional Corolla customers asking for those features.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, forkingabout said:

Annoying to see the Suzuki Swace can have blind spot monitoring & rear cross traffic alert. 

Toyota UK need to wake up & listen to there protentional Corolla customers asking for those features.

Agreed, available on Yaris & Yaris Cross

35 minutes ago, Kental said:

Available on C-HR to & one of the reasons I ordered one instead of a Corolla.

I've never had this blind spot or cross traffic thing, so the fact my Corolla doesn't have it isn't really a major problem.

You're not missing much TBH; It just means if it's busy you'll be trapped in your parking space :laugh: 

• Haha 6

3 hours ago, forkingabout said:

Write/mail/tweet Toyota the more comments/complaints they receive the more likely they will respond

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kental said:

Write/mail/tweet Toyota the more comments/complaints they receive the more likely they will respond

• Like 1

3 hours ago, davidif said:

Looking potentially to update one of the cars in our household and have been veering towards either a Corolla TS or a Swace which are, I believe , the same car. Looking for opinions, particularly from anyone whose had similar thoughts.

Spec wise they vary a little the biggest difference is warranty with Toyota offering up to 10 years at no additional cost so long as you service with Toyota

11 minutes ago, Devon Aygo said:

Pointless, they have had enough people commenting to Toyota UK over the last 2 years ( myself included ) & the generic response from Toyota UK is that they will pass it on to the product team.

Still worth doing - I like to think my repeated complaints and suggestions to them guided the design of the Yaris Mk4 somewhat, esp. the HUD option and return of the digital dash! :biggrin: 

(Yeah, up yours analogue dials! Go back to the Model-T! You have no place in a Yaris! :tongue: :laugh: )

• Like 2

The swace has less Badge appeal and predicted lower resale value, has no option of 2l engine

but has higher spec levels

• Like 2

The Suzuki just does'nt look as great. The "S" Badge is just not right in shape or size, and on the boot it looks like a huge sticker, just glued onto the panel. 

The front bumper is different too, I don't like it. 

• Haha 1

I to looked at the options on both swace & corolla.

I went with the corolla excel estate due to

Brand

More trim level,

More available parts i.e non oem products,

Population between the 2, there really is a forum for swace compared to the corolla ie facebook, instagram & online.

As this forum helped me a lot!!! Plus I've joined the corolla Facebook page & USA are crazy on them. Instagram I talk to the jap lads & loads of stuff & specs out there. As I've changed stuff on mine.

Resell value

2nd parts of you damage or break something on your car.

When I was looking I was asking the tax drivers how good are they as they are in them day in & out.

For me it was the 0% finance deal even tho I have the money it's better in my bank 🙈 plus I needed a vehicle for going into clean air zones plus as I look like a taxi I park in the bays 😂 but as I'm a electrician I need stuff to carry.

Blind spot monitors who of been amazing but as a electrician I don't think it's hard to sort out as the loom is gonna be the same it's getting the parts & time to fit it.

• Like 1

Suzuki can be a good used car purchase for the reasons above . 👍

14 hours ago, Obsidian Estate said:

I've never had this blind spot or cross traffic thing, so the fact my Corolla doesn't have it isn't really a major problem.

I've had it on my last two cars, and it's useful to be honest and I thought I'd miss it. My other half has it on her corsa and we can count on one hand how many it times it actually works!

I'm currently driving around in a mk6 fiesta, with zero tech, and I think once my Corolla rocks up, I won't miss the BSM, because I've gone back to basics in the fiesta.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Notfer said:

My other half has it on her corsa and we can count on one hand how many it times it actually works!

Is it a new shape Corsa?

1 hour ago, forkingabout said:

Is it a new shape Corsa?

Yep - I tried to get her to move from her previous shape corsa into another brand, but she's happy....well when the tech it was sold with actually works!

The start and stop is even more temperamental than the BSM, it shouts at you for removing one hand off the wheel when you're pretty much in standstill traffic, but doesn't when you're on a motorway doing 70! 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Notfer said:

Yep - I tried to get her to move from her previous shape corsa into another brand, but she's happy....well when the tech it was sold with actually works!

Explains it - Peugeot 208 in disguise so it uses the PSA blind spot monitoring system & that is completely different from what other manufacturers like Toyota & Lexus do. 

• Like 2

I have BSM and find it very useful. Having said that I hardly have to use it because I much prefer to back into a space. You either have to back in or back out, backing in is more in my control. Backing out can be dangerous because you don’t have the same vision through a rear windo as you do through a front window (ask Cyker what he thinks of rear/side view through his Yaris4).                    
Yesterday I was cruising an “aisle” in the local Tesco supermarket car park when a car “suddenly” reversed out into my pathway. My reactions are still very good and I braked before the car did. That driver definitely needs BSM.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Notfer said:

I've had it on my last two cars, and it's useful to be honest and I thought I'd miss it. My other half has it on her corsa and we can count on one hand how many it times it actually works!

I'm currently driving around in a mk6 fiesta, with zero tech, and I think once my Corolla rocks up, I won't miss the BSM, because I've gone back to basics in the fiesta.

I've traded up from a GT86, which had basically nothing.

I don't even know what you use android auto for 😁

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Obsidian Estate said:

I've traded up from a GT86, which had basically nothing.

I don't even know what you use android auto for 😁

These phone mirroring are used mostly for phone calls and navigation, although I found that using your mobile device instead makes it even easier as long as you can read the map on the small screen, if your eyes are ok no need to mirror imo.  👍

• Like 1