Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Corolla or Suzuki Swace?

davidif

Thanks for all of the replies, I guess that when we start looking it would be worth at least considering a Swace although I feel that the 'deal' would have to be good to lure me away from the Toyota Badge.

That said I have fond memories of a Swift Sport some years ago!

• Like 1

There's possibly a problem with Suzuki dealers mechanics less familiar with a Toyota product than Toyota. Personally I prefer the look of the Suzuki, much less busy and garish, but there appears to be more advantage sticking with Toyota despite the looks

17 hours ago, Saxmaniac said:

There's possibly a problem with Suzuki dealers mechanics less familiar with a Toyota product than Toyota. Personally I prefer the look of the Suzuki, much less busy and garish, but there appears to be more advantage sticking with Toyota despite the looks

12 years ago I had a Peugeot 4008 (rebadged Mitsubishi Outlander) and yes any electronic issue stumped the dealer at first.

20 hours ago, Saxmaniac said:

Geoff, that is an extremely good point.

Also to consider is what discount you can get and whether you are buying on PCP or cash. The swace will likely lose more value than the corolla over the life of a PCP but last time I looked they were offering about 4k off as a deposit contribution so something to look at.

I went for a Swace because we have had several Swifts so I like the brand. Also If you wanted a higher spec Corrolla it was always combined with larger wheels and lower profile tyres. Perhaps its my age, but I am enjoying the comfortable ride on the 16inch wheels.

I also like the induction phone charging, heated steering wheel and the led strip lights in the boot.

So really delighted with the car,  but like previous comments I have reservations about the lesser warranty and the potential lack of knowledge of Suzuki technicians.  The first service is due so will report any issues 

18 minutes ago, Clive Parnell said:

So really delighted with the car,  but like previous comments I have reservations about the lesser warranty and the potential lack of knowledge of Suzuki technicians.  The first service is due so will report any issues 

Just been on a Suzuki dealer website and it says 10year/100k miles warranty.

7 minutes ago, Catlover said:

The Suzuki UK website quotes a 3 year/60,000 mile new car warranty. Extended warranties with three different levels of cover available.

This was clearly 10year/100k miles.  Suzuki dealer at Eastham, Ellesmere Port.

8 hours ago, Catlover said:

I will enquire at the dealer that supplied my car thanks 

Seems to be their own warranty, as they describe it as 'exclusive'. The Suzuki website for Eastham Motors still states 3year/60000 mile new car warranty.

https://www.easthammotors.co.uk/

https://cars.suzuki.co.uk/dealers/eastham-motors/?CampaignCode=CMP-04618-L0R4&source=ppc&gclid=CjwKCAiAprGRBhBgEiwANJEY7NAt08IVZwpKl9j7av5XhNCJ05U-7DaS2FKSTLh1HaMofmm4Sjq_JhoCgmEQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

I like the Swace, reason being it is only available as an estate, TS.  I just cannot get on with the style of the hatchback.  Yes, I know Toyota do an estate and I like that too. 👍

There was a very nice scarlet flare bi tone Excel 2 litre hybrid hatchback in the local Toyota showroom on Thursday - its the spec I would have ordered if blind spot monitoring was available. 

The TS is a nice looking vehicle but I don't really want an estate. 

Thinking about long term service and support, would the Toyota dealers service and repair the re-badged Toyota models like the Swace or Across, or are they strictly limited to Toyota only?

18 minutes ago, AJones said:

Thinking about long term service and support, would the Toyota dealers service and repair the re-badged Toyota models like the Swace or Across, or are they strictly limited to Toyota only?

Like they would probably service any car, it’s business, they would service a Swace but if you asking would they cover warranty work….. can’t see that happening.  Suzuki dealers will be required to train technicians as part of the deal to sell the cars I would imagine.

54 minutes ago, AJones said:

Yes Toyota dealers would probably service the Swace, but for warranty purposes, it would probably count the same as having servicing done by an independent. - ie in the event of a warranty claim it would be down to the owner to prove the car has been serviced according to Suzuki requirements, and, of course, a Suzuki dealer would have to deal with any warranty claim (bear in mind the warranty is a Suzuki warranty and not Toyota).

• 4 weeks later...

I went well over the mileage for my service because Suzuki gave me a service book indicating intervals of 12,500 miles. In fact it is 9,000 miles which is weird when I believe the Corolla is 10,000.

It seems that not many Suzuki dealers know this. I was ready to make a fuss as I felt a bit mislead,  but the first service was £106 and overall the service costs over 120,000 miles will be cheaper than my Civic so I'll live with it. Although on the mileage I do a friend suggested I should get a camp bed at the dealership 

13 minutes ago, Clive Parnell said:

I went well over the mileage for my service because Suzuki gave me a service book indicating intervals of 12,500 miles. In fact it is 9,000 miles which is weird when I believe the Corolla is 10,000.

It will be down to Suzuki to set the service intervals - presumably the 12 month/9,000 mile service intervals are the same as other current Suzukis.

21 minutes ago, Clive Parnell said:

It seems that not many Suzuki dealers know this. I was ready to make a fuss as I felt a bit mislead,  but the first service was £106 and overall the service costs over 120,000 miles will be cheaper than my Civic so I'll live with it. Although on the mileage I do a friend suggested I should get a camp bed at the dealership 

Did the car not give a countdown to service reminder?

No nothing came up. I'm quite particular so would have noticed. 

I've had an assurance from the dealer that it hasn't affected my warranty as it was their error. 

22 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

It will be down to Suzuki to set the service intervals - presumably the 12 month/9,000 mile service intervals are the same as other current Suzukis.

No weirdly most, including our swift are 12,500 

Then again Suzuki's 12 months/9,000 service intervals is closer to Toyota's 12 month/10,000 service intervals. Whichever, it would be Suzuki who decides.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone know how long the Suzuki Swace hybrid Battery warranty last? Also has anyone's hybrid Battery ever get issues?

The Suzuki UK website only seems to mention the 3 year/60,000 mile new car warranty, the corrosion warranty, and the extended warranty (which owners can purchase).

After warranty ends for Swace would there be any reason to stick to service with Suzuki and go with Toyota servicing instead?

Would the OEM parts be exactly the same as Corolla?

Also what does the standard Corolla Excel have that the Swace SZ5 doesn't have? Is it just larger wheels, leather seats and sat-nav?