Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Acoustic glass

simond64

Does the MY22 Corolla HB GR Sport 2.0 have acoustic glass, if so, is it windscreen or side windows too? I can't find this info anywhere in the toyota website

Information on this is conflicting. Someone on here will know for certain though. I've seen some Toyota sources saying only GR and excel have it, other sources saying it's on the 2.0 regardless trim. 

That is the Toyota source I was talking about. No mention of aide glass from Toyota there though. I'll see if I can find where it said about the 2.0 having it regardless of trim.

I thought all models had an acoustic windscreen and 2 litre models had acoustic side windows.  That is my understanding.  

Whatcar says the 2.0 has acoustic side glass. Not sure how reliable they are.

4 hours ago, Hardy888 said:

Whatcar says the 2.0 has acoustic side glass. Not sure how reliable they are.

Whatcar carwow and similar are not really a place to get proper information about car specs and details, these re more for entertainment purposes mostly. 😉👍

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

Whatcar carwow and similar are not really a place to get proper information about car specs and details, these re more for entertainment purposes mostly. 😉👍

Just found this in another thread,  

I’ve heard that the 2.0L Corolla hatchback has greater soundproofing (e.g. acoustic side-glass) than the 1.8L. I’m not able to find anything on the website – can you confirm if this is true?

Thanks

1. 4412a45da42f17d7ef0e055ec2afcfab.jpg?verToyotaUKsays:

Hi,
    Thanks for your comment.
    Acoustic sound deadening has been applied to both powertrains to reduce Noise.
    The Excel & GR Sport grades have a noise reducing windscreen in addition to this.
    Please let us know if you have any further questions.
    Thanks.

13 hours ago, simond64 said:

Just found this in another thread,  

I’ve heard that the 2.0L Corolla hatchback has greater soundproofing (e.g. acoustic side-glass) than the 1.8L. I’m not able to find anything on the website – can you confirm if this is true?

Thanks

1. 4412a45da42f17d7ef0e055ec2afcfab.jpg?verToyotaUKsays:

Hi,
    Thanks for your comment.
    Acoustic sound deadening has been applied to both powertrains to reduce Noise.
    The Excel & GR Sport grades have a noise reducing windscreen in addition to this.
    Please let us know if you have any further questions.
    Thanks.

Literally the same thing screenshot posted earlier in the thread. But not conclusive enough.

My 2.0 Excel has acoustic glass on the windscreen and the front doors. You can tell by dropping the window and looking at the top of the glass and you’ll see that it looks like 2 thin pieces are fused together.

plus if you Google the glass make and codes on the glass it goes into detail about the code type.  

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, shufman said:

My 2.0 Excel has acoustic glass on the windscreen and the front doors. You can tell by dropping the window and looking at the top of the glass and you’ll see that it looks like 2 thin pieces are fused together.

plus if you Google the glass make and codes on the glass it goes into detail about the code type.  

My Corolla GR Sport 2.0 is estimated delivery 10 April so hopefully will be the same as your excel for acoustic glass

• Like 1

On 3/10/2022 at 11:30 PM, shufman said:

To be fair, non-acoustic glass often also has two pieces with a layer in between. That layer is simply made from a different material in the acoustic variant. 

i`m sure all 2ltr have acoustic glass.

• Like 1

The glass is acoustic as it says so on the glass itself. The 1.8 corollas have just a single pane 👍🏻

1 hour ago, camellia30 said:

Not on my 2L design trim.

I asked the dealer and they said,  what's acoustic glass, oh dear, they need to go to product knowledge school

1 hour ago, camellia30 said:

Not on my 2L design trim.

Could be an Excel thing maybe. Dunno

My 1.8 Hatchback (MY2021) doesn't have any markings on the glass, but the regional Toyota website says "Noise canceling membrane on the windshield" is standard across all Corollas in Finland.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links