Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Audible Warning Help

GBgraham

Hope this is possible for a quiet life please. My wife heard a C-HR give an audible warning on the remote locking, ours doesn't so does anyone know if this is possible by altering a setting somewhere.

I have explained that the car she heard may have a aftermarket alarm but HWMBO has given me it as a challenge. Of course any help would be most appreciated and might save some deaf and dumb dinners😁😉

23 minutes ago, GBgraham said:

Hope this is possible for a quiet life please. My wife heard a C-HR give an audible warning on the remote locking, ours doesn't so does anyone know if this is possible by altering a setting somewhere.

I have explained that the car she heard may have a aftermarket alarm but HWMBO has given me it as a challenge. Of course any help would be most appreciated and might save some deaf and dumb dinners😁😉

Never had a car that makes a noise other than "clunk" or "clunk, clunk" when the doors are locked with a remote. It's amazing how many cars do have audible chirps on TV shows, though! Automatic folding mirrors make a bit of a whirring noise, does your C-HR have them ? 

I know on Peugeot products if you attempt to lock it using the remote key fob with a door / boot / bonnet not shut correctly - you get a loud audible alert.

Maybe the C-HR has a similar warning? ? ? 

Maybe leave a door ajar on the safety catch & try to lock it with the remote to see if it makes a noise. 

Funny this has come up - I scared myself about 15 minutes ago because my Yaris made a loud beep and unlocked itself and lowered all the windows!

Turns out I put my laptop down on my keys :oops: 

The alarm will flash indicators to notify alarm is on, plus if you have auto fold mirrors, they will fold in ( if set to do so ), this also help identify car is locked.

If you leave keys in car and attempt to lock, it will fail to do so and an audible beep will be heard.

• Like 1

On 3/12/2022 at 9:24 AM, Starensis said:

The alarm will flash indicators to notify alarm is on, plus if you have auto fold mirrors, they will fold in ( if set to do so ), this also help identify car is locked.

If you leave keys in car and attempt to lock, it will fail to do so and an audible beep will be heard.

Yes I do realise this and it must be an aftermarket alarm because as far as I know the C-HR does not come with the option of a factory fitted system.

Also my question was if there was anywhere in the system where a audible warning settings this could be found.

By the response I can only assume the answer is negative!

Suits me I have done my bit of enquiring and now I can rest at peace😉

• Like 1

C-HR does come with alarm system. Standard on UK models.

• Like 1

When it beeps, it would be useful to have a message on the multi function display about what the beep is. In many instances, i am not able to find the cause

• Like 1

You get to learn what they are related to. You have:-

Speed camera warning beeps and bings - depending on camera type.

Overspeed warning ( if selected ).

Lights on warning.

Key in car warning

LDA warning.

BRAKE warning

Parking sensors

the list goes on…….

• Haha 1

And therein lies the problem. I seem to get random bleeps every now & then, with not a clue what I'm being warned about. I tend to look at the dash - see nothing so just ignore them.

• Like 2

Turn off the optional warnings, then turn them on one by one so you know which sound is related to which function.

51 minutes ago, O.W.L. said:

And therein lies the problem. I seem to get random bleeps every now & then, with not a clue what I'm being warned about. I tend to look at the dash - see nothing so just ignore them.

If we don't understand warnings, it is manufacturers failure. In my past car, a humble Kia Ceed, simultaneous message will show up about the warning. Also, when you switch on, or increase wiper speed, a display will show up about the speed selection and then will fade away. 

I drive a Kia Ceed at work and it doesn’t notify in some cases.

I had this yesterday after I cleaned all the windows of my C-HR. I locked the car and heard the car beep. It turned out I hadn't fully closed one of the rear doors. The car wouldn't lock and beeped.

Could be that your problem is something as simple as this.

• Like 1

On 3/13/2022 at 4:11 PM, Big_D said:

I had this yesterday after I cleaned all the windows of my C-HR. I locked the car and heard the car beep. It turned out I hadn't fully closed one of the rear doors. The car wouldn't lock and beeped.

Could be that your problem is something as simple as this.

Sometimes I notice that all doors are locked but I get a notification on app that one of the doors is not shut properly. If there were beeps, then I would have heard.