Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tyre extinguishers..............

Lawnmowerman

Anyone been affected by this latest lunacy?

Deflating tyres on SUV's as they perceive them to be polluting and harming the environment on a massive scale.

What next?

So the SUV owner will then likely use a compressor plugged in to the 12 volt socket to inflate the tyre - causing more pollution due to the engine running to power the compressor. 

These environmentalist really haven't thought this one through. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, forkingabout said:

So the SUV owner will then likely use a compressor plugged in to the 12 volt socket to inflate the tyre - causing more pollution due to the engine running to power the compressor. 

These environmentalist really haven't thought this one through. 

If the suv is Toyota hybrid they can switch to ev and no need to run the engine to top up tyres., this is what I do every week, 10min on ️and no drop of fuel has been burnt 😉👌

• Like 1

Might be time to order some locking caps which are available.

These fruitcakes won't be happy until they kill people.

I get where they're coming from as I also hate SUVs with a passion, but letting down someones tyres is tantamount to attempted murder in my eyes. Cars are not toys - they are potential death machines, and deliberately compromising the safety of one in such a way could lead to a horrific amount of damage and loss of life.

This is not the way.

It's all BS anyway - Just like KHAAAAN!, this is nothing to do with the environment, it's just scumbags making a lame excuse to do scummy things.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Cyker said:

I get where they're coming from as I also hate SUVs with a passion, but letting down someones tyres is tantamount to attempted murder in my eyes. Cars are not toys - they are potential death machines, and deliberately compromising the safety of one in such a way could lead to a horrific amount of damage and loss of life.

This is not the way.

It's all BS anyway - Just like KHAAAAN!, this is nothing to do with the environment, it's just scumbags making a lame excuse to do scummy things.

And what is a RAV4 if not an SUV?! 

Yeah, it is, 's why I don't like them :laugh: 

Also don't like the Corolla Cross, the Yaris Cross or the Aygo Cross.

Just stupid and pointless vehicles IMHO, but that's just my opinion.

Either way, that doesn't mean it's okay for some pillock to let down the tyres of any of them. That is absolutely the wrong way to go about dissuading people from getting them.

I hope the psychopaths that get caught doing it get serious jail time.

• Like 1

I will be honest and would much prefer a 4wd estate - like the Audi Allroad. Apart from anything else they are roomier however SWMBO won the ‘discussion’ when we cut to one car. 

I changed from a C-HR to a RAV4 after an accident means that I find it easier to get in and out of a taller car, plus the extra legroom helps with comfort when driving. 

• Like 2

I've been driving 'soft' SUV's for many years and one of the biggest things for me is the driving position, the extra height enabling a better view of the world and generally better ride comfort.  Every time I get a loan car with my BTM rubbing the ground I know that I have made the right choice.

• Like 1

The Corolla Cross is 20mm shorter than the Corolla Estate and 20mm wider.

So the size argument goes out of the window as they are basically the same footprint.

I would ask why would you NOT want large windows, large mirrors, great visibility?

New engineering and low centre of gravity gives them handling and stops the rolling that they used to do.

I used to despise them but I am a convert these days. 😀

• Like 1

Same as Ernie, I have some back issues so the seating suits me. 

Its also a work tool, I need to get around the country in any weather and even on standard tyres that 4wd drive and extra ground clearance make all the difference. Its kept me getting to clients without fail for years.

I also need a big boot and some people don't realise most large estate cars are even longer and equally as wide as an SUV so take up more road space, SUVs take up more space vertically which makes no difference.

I look after some critical stuff, interfering with my vehicle could stop that and potentially put peoples lives at risk. But the people doing this kind of thing can't know that, or why anyone has or uses their vehicle, but they still will do these acts.

• Like 1

As for these creatures that are letting tyres down.  I have no words for how much I despise them.  They are not helping, all they are doing is enjoying breaking the law with a fake excuse that they pretend gives them legitimacy.  

Pointless, entitled people.  Send them all to the front-line in Ukraine where they can actually do something useful for a few minutes.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links