Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Knee pad! Finally got one for that hard, wide, centre console

Nick72

Order, cancelled, order cancelled. No explanation. 

In the end I think they got sick of me and just sent it from China via Ali Express. Took over 4 weeks.

20 quid including shipping.

Sticking it on this weekend. 

Should make a difference for long legs on long trips.

20220310_193819.jpg

20220310_193808.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rav Rob said:

Is that a RAV specific fit or generic?

RAV4 specific. Exact fit to console.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I bought a straight version as I found with my positioning in the car thatI did not need to try to source a curved one.  The one Nick purchased does look good.

• Like 1

I am struggling a bit with this and maybe i have an odd shaped leg but so far I haven’t found myself resting my knee against the centre console……. 

• Like 1

I have the problem with the hard plastic on the centre console in my Yaris, and had it in the 208. With the Yaris I had to push the driver seat further back than I would have liked, which means that any, luckily hardly any, reset passenger has to be pretty much kneeless!

• Like 2

I think it does depend on leg length, body shape obviously and seat position but also if you use the LH foot rest. Generally around town I have not issues it’s only on a long drive and cruising that I find my knee inevitably touching the centre console with my LH foot on the rest.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, ernieb said:

I think it does depend on leg length, body shape obviously and seat position but also if you use the LH foot rest. Generally around town I have not issues it’s only on a long drive and cruising that I find my knee inevitably touching the centre console with my LH foot on the rest.

Oh, yeah, I had forgotten that most of you are RHD. I have an LHD car so my right knee is pretty much constantly against the centre console.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Flatcoat said:

I am struggling a bit with this and maybe i have an odd shaped leg but so far I haven’t found myself resting my knee against the centre console……. 

Almost 6ft3. Over 200lbs. Long legs. All muscle. 🤣 Need to angle my left leg slightly by resting on centre console when in ideal driving position. 

Suspect an issue for big folk otherwise they wouldn't be selling them as exact fit for RAV4 console side?

Hard plastic on a long drive, thin suit trousers, is not nice.

26 minutes ago, Stopeter44 said:

Oh, yeah, I had forgotten that most of you are RHD. I have an LHD car so my right knee is pretty much constantly against the centre console.

So you can buy the LHD version which goes on the left of the console for your gas pedal leg, on Amazon USA if your in North America. Or, if Europe then they have both sides covered on Ali Express if you can be bothered with the hassle.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nick72 said:

Hard plastic on a long drive, thin suit trousers, is not nice.

Even worse with shorts!

On another note, it seems that Aliexpress is showing support for Russia, many of the product images are showing Russian flags, odd don't you think ? Not wishing to start a Geopolitical discussion here, but it seems that Aliexpress is biased.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Stopeter44 said:

Even worse with shorts!

On another note, it seems that Aliexpress is showing support for Russia, many of the product images are showing Russian flags, odd don't you think ? Not wishing to start a Geopolitical discussion here, but it seems that Aliexpress is biased.

Hadn't spotted that. Ordered well before the invasion. Otherwise I would have boycotted them. China needs to decide whose side she is on or face the consequences (as much as that would also hurt us in the UK, US, Can, Aus, EU).

The Russian position is total b.s., bizarre, and into the war crimes camp. Putin sits so far away from his generals in case one them shoots him.

FSB recently leaked information on the assassination plan of the UKR PM according to reports. So perhaps the cracks are showing.

Ali Express... Boycotted from this point on.

• Like 2

Yeah, I despair when I look at us as a species - Why do we keep letting small groups or individuals order us about and do horrible things with no comeback?

We really need to come up with a better way of organizing ourselves...

10 hours ago, Stopeter44 said:

I have the problem with the hard plastic on the centre console in my Yaris, and had it in the 208. With the Yaris I had to push the driver seat further back than I would have liked, which means that any, luckily hardly any, reset passenger has to be pretty much kneeless!

Yeah same here, I'm just glad the steering wheel is telescopic!!

I'm not even that tall!! And mine has the light-coloured interior to make it worse! I'm worried there will be a mark when my knee keeps rubbing against the side...

It's one of the few things that I dislike about the Mk4 - It's so big on the outside but somehow has worse internal space than the Mk1 and Mk2!

It's like an inverse TARDIS :laugh: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Installed. Will know if it makes a difference in next few weeks.

20220312_131625.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/12/2022 at 1:17 PM, Nick72 said:

Installed. Will know if it makes a difference in next few weeks.

20220312_131625.jpg

Mine arrived today and just fitted, looking forward to trying it on a few miles tomorrow. 
Tried several positions before fixing but it ended up virtually exactly same as yours, seemed to be the natural fit.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Rav Rob said:

Mine arrived today and just fitted, looking forward to trying it on a few miles tomorrow. 
Tried several positions before fixing but it ended up virtually exactly same as yours, seemed to be the natural fit.

Great news. I'm finding it much better. It does take up some room because it is thicker than I would have liked but overall it is an improvement to comfort.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nick72 said:

Great news. I'm finding it much better. It does take up some room because it is thicker than I would have liked but overall it is an improvement to comfort.

Has yours stayed stuck? time will tell.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rav Rob said:

Has yours stayed stuck? time will tell.

Yep, no problems at all. Must admit that I pressed it on with all my strength and held it for about 2 minutes.

• Thanks 1

On 4/4/2022 at 9:28 PM, Nick72 said:

Yep, no problems at all. Must admit that I pressed it on with all my strength and held it for about 2 minutes.

Love it! so much better (yes a shade firm but OK). Would never have thought about it without your post. Thanks!!

• Thanks 1

On 3/10/2022 at 8:42 PM, Nick72 said:

Order, cancelled, order cancelled. No explanation. 

In the end I think they got sick of me and just sent it from China via Ali Express. Took over 4 weeks.

20 quid including shipping.

Sticking it on this weekend. 

Should make a difference for long legs on long trips.

20220310_193819.jpg

20220310_193808.jpg

Where did You find that ?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HSDish said:

Where did You find that ?

Ali Express

Chinese eBay basically. Same product as on Amazon US but for a third the price including shipping. Be sure to get the right side for LHD Vs RHD.

20 quid including shipping. C. 250 Krona. 😉

• Thanks 1

On 4/6/2022 at 4:31 PM, Nick72 said:

Ali Express

Chinese eBay basically. Same product as on Amazon US but for a third the price including shipping. Be sure to get the right side for LHD Vs RHD.

20 quid including shipping. C. 250 Krona. 😉

Thanks a lot. I´ll check that

• Like 1