Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Wave Recall

GBgraham

I've just been in for my first service today and they tell me there is a recall for the Wave sensor on the C-HR and Yaris. They couldn't tell me more because they don't have the full technical details but I should expect a phone call anytime in the next few weeks. I would expect the same with the UK cars but as this is the first I've heard off this I am in the dark on any further info. 

Anybody any wiser?

I wonder if this is the same as what I saw on the recall checker for our Yaris.  

Radar cruise issue.

Havent had any official letter about it yet.

It's the millimetre wave radar, have a look in the yaris forum

Edit. TSB - 22SMD-016

A major safety recall is underway for the Toyota C-HR and Toyota Yaris Cross SUVs, as well as the Toyota GR Yaris hot hatch.

An estimated 18,490 vehicles, all built between May 2020 and August 2021, are impacted by the problem that concerns their advanced safety technology.
Specifically, the millimetre wave sensor and camera that are used to detect objects such as vehicles travelling ahead may not work with the pre-collision system (PCS) as intended.

According to Toyota, this is because the radar sensor “may not have been initialized properly in the involved vehicles during production”.
“As a result, the PCS may be inoperative with no warning indicator to the driver,” the company said.
“An inoperative PCS, without a PCS malfunction indicator, may increase the risk of a crash in certain driving situations.”

Drivers may notice that they’re unable to alter the speed when using the dynamic radar cruise control (DRCC), or that the lane centring function of the lane trace assist system will not work properly.
Given vehicles ahead are not detected, the vehicle icon in the instrument display will not be shown when using active cruise control, and Toyota also admits “the vehicle will not slow down automatically, as designed, when approaching a vehicle ahead with DRCC active”.

Authorized Toyota dealerships will inspect the affected vehicles (free of charge) to determine whether the radar sensor is properly initialized, and complete the activation if required.

The inspection will take an estimated 30 minute, but a remedy will need another hour or so.

• Like 2

“the vehicle will not slow down automatically, as designed, when approaching a vehicle ahead with DRCC active”.

Good grief I'm glad they're taking that seriously enough to do a recall then! :eek: 

My one seems to okay, if anything I have the opposite problem! :laugh: 

(I had the BRAKE! warning trigger at least 9 times before I lost count today! No auto-braking thankfully, just the warning. It really really isn't set up for narrow congested London roads...!)

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links