Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Infotainment System

DonCorleone

Good day all,

It's my first time here and found you through Google search. Regarding my issue i couldn't find any relevant answer.

As the title says is all about infotainment system. I would like to connect it through my mobile's hotspot but with no luck so far. The only option i see at the wi-fi menu is off and on and miracast. I am connecting it through android auto. Or via bluetooth. Also tried to change at the hotspot to bluetooth and disconnecting my mobile and returning again to default. Also tried to change usb settings but every action leads to disconnection and connect to default condition. I would like to add my toyota account this with the online option but no luck to find sth. Also i wanted to connect my system to the toyota application but with no luck as i cannot find anywhere my system's id.

I know plenty questions. My model is european i know probably here only for UK talking but maybe someone knows to help me. Sorry for my bad English also. I am trying my best. Thank you in advance 🙂

Mine seems to work ok using bluetooth tethering.

I've updated the sat nav using it and it worked fine.

41 minutes ago, Obsidian Estate said:

Mine seems to work ok using bluetooth tethering.

I've updated the sat nav using it and it worked fine.

For me seems impossible. Do you have online section on your menu?

Yes. All I did was select tethering on phone, put on mobile data then bluetooth pair with car. As I say I updated the maps using this method.

ok probably we have other version infotainment system cause mine do not have build in maps

I hadn't realised that maybe in other markets there would be any difference. Especially on such an expensive model.

11 minutes ago, Obsidian Estate said:

I hadn't realised that maybe in other markets there would be any difference. Especially on such an expensive model.

I think they add this touch go how they say in toyota with maps that is not in yeah such an expensive model...... but i have different menu seems than yours.

As regards specifications, each Toyota importer decides on the spec they sell in their market area. So there will be difference re which models are offered with sat nav, etc. Presumably from the OP's profile, they have a MY2021 Corolla, so presumably the older spec Touch 2 (MM19).

As regards whether the car is expensive - it is priced according to the market (eg. The base VW Golf Estate costs from £25K) - gone are the days when medium sized cars are below £20K.

• Like 1

If you go into your setting and find the system information - please post them here

If you do not have built in sat nav you do not get Wi-Fi or the hotspot

1 hour ago, flash22 said:

If you go into your setting and find the system information - please post them here

If you do not have built in sat nav you do not get Wi-Fi or the hotspot

I cannot find any system information. only firmware information. and says 1189

It seems that the energy monitoring screen has been removed in the MY22 system? I found this really useful in previous Toyota Hybrids I’ve owned . Is there a way to see the hybrid Battery charge level on the secondary dash screen?

I’ve found it on the dash MFD, so ok now. Shame its gone from the main multimedia screen still.

On 3/11/2022 at 1:19 PM, DonCorleone said:

Good day all,

It's my first time here and found you through Google search. Regarding my issue i couldn't find any relevant answer.

As the title says is all about infotainment system. I would like to connect it through my mobile's hotspot but with no luck so far. The only option i see at the wi-fi menu is off and on and miracast. I am connecting it through android auto. Or via bluetooth. Also tried to change at the hotspot to bluetooth and disconnecting my mobile and returning again to default. Also tried to change usb settings but every action leads to disconnection and connect to default condition. I would like to add my toyota account this with the online option but no luck to find sth. Also i wanted to connect my system to the toyota application but with no luck as i cannot find anywhere my system's id.

I know plenty questions. My model is european i know probably here only for UK talking but maybe someone knows to help me. Sorry for my bad English also. I am trying my best. Thank you in advance 🙂

WIFI extended functions and the ability to link to a MYT account depend on the installation of Toyota navigation which from your later posts showing you only have a DCU version of 1189 and no MEU ( media extension unit ) or Map ID your car does not have Toyota navigation.

On 3/12/2022 at 5:27 PM, Devon Aygo said:

WIFI extended functions and the ability to link to a MYT account depend on the installation of Toyota navigation which from your later posts showing you only have a DCU version of 1189 and no MEU ( media extension unit ) or Map ID your car does not have Toyota navigation.

So in that case i need to update through toyota dealer right??

So today i went to my dealer and told me that this needs new cpu dunno if i am telling this right. And we have to see because the model of this car is new....Sounds like so difiicult to be done? Does anybody know what parts need to be installed additionally?

To add the extra functionality you would need THIS 

Why would you want this as your car should offer Apple car play / Android auto via USB connection and these offer far superior navigation options?

3 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

To add the extra functionality you would need THIS 

Why would you want this as your car should offer Apple car play / Android auto via USB connection and these offer far superior navigation options?

Cause i would like also to be able to update my firmware and this functionality with wifi and these online stuff comes only with the navigation together

Also when i am trying to check what is the latest firmware and i am giving my VIN at toyota site says "Requested VIN data not found" What is that

21 hours ago, DonCorleone said:

Cause i would like also to be able to update my firmware and this functionality with wifi and these online stuff comes only with the navigation together

Also when i am trying to check what is the latest firmware and i am giving my VIN at toyota site says "Requested VIN data not found" What is that

The additional navigation module allows map updates via WIFI, firmware is via dealer or www.toyota-tech.eu only it cannot be done via WIFI.

Where are you trying to check your firmware version?

• Like 1

On 3/15/2022 at 9:51 PM, Devon Aygo said:

The additional navigation module allows map updates via WIFI, firmware is via dealer or www.toyota-tech.eu only it cannot be done via WIFI.

Where are you trying to check your firmware version?

Yeap and if there is a newer audio version