Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Avensis T27 2.0 d4d intermittent smoke

Danamos11

Hi all, you have all probably seen this asked a lot of times before. 
intermittently I’m getting a large amount of grey/white smoke coming from my car. I have been through the forum and it is suggesting the 5th injector. I believe some people have had success with cutting the injectors fuel supply. Is there any instructions on how to do this please? 
thanks 

Welcome to Toyota Owners Club. Moved to the Avensis club.

7 hours ago, Danamos11 said:

Hi all, you have all probably seen this asked a lot of times before. 
intermittently I’m getting a large amount of grey/white smoke coming from my car. I have been through the forum and it is suggesting the 5th injector. I believe some people have had success with cutting the injectors fuel supply. Is there any instructions on how to do this please? 
thanks 

by chance is any of your m8ts about handy that has a autel scannner that can put the car after a nice bit of driving and car is up to temp put on the scanner and put it into dpf regen to see what happends 

I’m starting to think it’s actually the turbo failing 😩

7 hours ago, Danamos11 said:

I’m starting to think it’s actually the turbo failing 😩

Its unlikely to be the turbo if its white/grey smoke. Turbo failure seems very rare on this engine in any case.

I'd guess (but its only a guess..) at the injectors, either the 5th injector or one or more of the 4 main engine injectors but really you need more diagnostic work to pin it down.

I had a look at the car yesterday, there was a turbo hose not on properly, I refitted it. The turbo sounds really noisy from underneath. The engine also seems really noisy when above 1800 rpm. Im only getting 35-38 mpg. I need to get it properly checked over 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Danamos11 said:

I had a look at the car yesterday, there was a turbo hose not on properly, I refitted it. The turbo sounds really noisy from underneath. The engine also seems really noisy when above 1800 rpm. Im only getting 35-38 mpg. I need to get it properly checked over 

I'm getting about 38mpg tbh as well mine is 2014 with about 45k on it now 2.0 d4d