Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Could you help me find wireless CarPlay adapter?...A mini smart dongle

BOrissa.

Has anyone found a Wireless CarPlay smart dongle that works in the 2019 XII (E210) ? I just found this that says it works well, Has anyone used it and how does it work: https://carplaysmartbox.com/products/app-download-ai-box-wireless-carplay-adapter-screen-mirroring-factory-toyota-camry-avalon

I use the ottocast in a UK 2020 Corolla TS  It has work d reliably over the last 3 months. 

Edited by Ian.S
Add text

Thanks for sharing, I don't know much about the adapter used in your car. In the past, I used wired CarPlay. The built-in functions of the car are a bit monotonous. I can only use navigation or play music, but I can't enjoy entertainment functions such as videos and movies. The smart adapter I saw on the website has very comprehensive functions, which is a bit attractive to me, but I just don’t know how it works.

I only use it for satnav. I have seen others that allow videos to be viewed in the car but they seen ridiculously expensive. It would be a lot cheaper and more useful to buy tablet computer and passengers could use it while the car is in motion. 

On 3/14/2022 at 8:16 AM, BOrissa. said:

Has anyone found a Wireless CarPlay smart dongle that works in the 2019 XII (E210) ? I just found this that says it works well, Has anyone used it and how does it work: https://carplaysmartbox.com/products/app-download-ai-box-wireless-carplay-adapter-screen-mirroring-factory-toyota-camry-avalon

There is also carlinkit that is similar to that and smaller in size. but the price is also same like that 😄

• 4 weeks later...

I had Apple CarPlay added as part of my service a couple of weeks ago and I have fitted the Carlinkit 3.0 wireless adaptor. It works perfectly in my 2019 TS. No noticeable delay with screen commands - and it detects the phone and starts playing / navigating etc within around 20 seconds of car start. Very pleased with the result - as I found having to plug in the phone each time I want to use CarPlay a total non-starter. 

Could you link which wireless car play device your using please mate. There's 2 on Amazon. Ones £85 and the others £135.

I am using this for my corolla

U2-Air Wireless CarPlay Adapter 3.0 connect faster on OEM car come with wired CarPlay for original Multimedia Player via USB
https://a.aliexpress.com/_msNg4Lk

Build material is ok

Connect speed is fast and stable, my connect speed is faster than YouTuber test result.  

AB044409-36D1-4BD2-BBE1-0A740A3C86C6.jpeg