Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Verso 2016 Key Replacement

subhan

I've got a 3 button 2016 Verso key that works fine but the key blade is starting to get sticky and it's becoming pretty much impossible to flip back in. I also don't have a spare. 

Information for the 3 button key (lock, boot, unlock) with the key blade seems very hard to come by online. I can see replacement key cases on eBay but was wondering if anyone had switched out all the insides and the blade of the old key into a new case? I expect a replacement key would be around £1-200 so ideally as its all working fine, just a new case would be very useful 

Thanks in advance 

I've done a case swap with an older type of key and it was fairly straightforward - In my case it was a flip-key conversion, so I had to get the blade cut on the new one, but the module was just pop-out and drop in.

Just don't throw the old case away, as some owners had later discovered the key had a separate immobilizer disarm transponder and didn't transfer it over which left them unable to start the car!!

Yours should have everything in one block, but better safe than sorry!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links