Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Incorrect mileage on MyToyota App

Usman7

I thought I’d get some advice here first incase my issue does seem to be the case.

At the end of December 2021 I purchased a Toyota from a franchised main dealer. I’m the second owner, car is a 2019 model. The mileage at the time was close to 21k miles as advertised on the advert.

I downloaded the My Toyota App, and registered an account and inputted the mileage as shown in the odometer at the time and it accepted it no problem. The mileage would update on the app as I’d drive and it was all fine.

Cue today the mileage has jumped quite high. I thought it was a bug at first on the app, so I deleted the car from my account and re-added it and it wouldn’t accept the mileage as shown on the dash. I then thought it’s maybe a issue with the account so deleted the account and re made a new one and still the same issue.

So to fix the issue, entered the mileage as shown on the app previously and it accepted it and the car has been added to the account.

Now until I contact Toyota tomorrow to find out where the mileage is pulled from for the app (ecu/transmission ecu) I have concerns that maybe a mileage blocker has been used by the previous owner and the car has been somewhat mis-sold.

I might be overthinking a bit but just incase it does turn out the car has done more than it was advertised.

Where do I stand? Can I return the car as it was not as described or another route?

pics:

130-D597-E-91-B5-413-E-9-A81-CF37-D3-AF3

4592154-A-3-A8-B-43-A6-A7-C2-5-FAD00-A6-

It's funny that this issue should come up as yesterday my app reported my car as having about four thousand mile than the display in the car.

I just thought it was a glitch with the app, if you are having the same 'problem' then I would suggest it is just a glitch with the app!

• Like 1

If I convert the mileage to KM then yes it seems spot on. But if I set the units in the car to Km it’s a little more than in the app. It’s very strange. I’m waiting to here back from Toyota on the issue. The app was updated yesterday in iOS but still the incorrect mileage is present. 

I seem to remember something like this happening a year or so ago after an app update. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ian.S said:

I seem to remember something like this happening a year or so ago after an app update. 

Yeah it does seem to have happened after an update. I’m curious if anyone else is having the same problem. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

The MyT app is not working correctly for me at all.  Some journeys tracked - others not.  And sometimes my car is 200 miles away when i'm at home (needless to say i travelled that journey but it just didn't track me back).

It looks like a signal issue with the DCM (check your signal level on the infotainment display)... although my signal is great it still doesn't work.

Today  I drove 17 miles had a 3 hour break then drove 17 miles home.  MyT recorded it as 1 trip with an average speed of 1MPH.  Recently it has failed to record some journeys at all.  

Today i drove 20 miles in total. My app is telling me i haven't drove at all today. Although it does tell me that my car was parked outside at 15.45, which was the time i arrived home. Several times this week it hasn't recorded any journey.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links