Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Car cannibals target the Yaris

FROSTYBALLS

Just the latest in a series of reports around Birmingham of car cannibals targeting previous generations of the Yaris - https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/car-cannibals-strike-sutton-coldfield-23399235

Previously Fiestas and Corsas had been targeted.

Theives commonly stealing the bonnet, front bumper, front lights and sometimes the front wings on vehicles parked on the road, in car parks and on drives.

• Like 2

Oh well, there's Birmingham for you.:rolleyes::laugh:

And most other cities in the U.K.. They don't seem too concerned about where the crime is commited either. No doubt if anyone challenges them theyrisk having their head kicked in or worse.

3 minutes ago, mrpj1 said:

Oh well, there's Birmingham for you.:rolleyes:

The latest was actually Sutton Coldfield.

2 minutes ago, mrpj1 said:

Oh well, there's Birmingham for you.:rolleyes::laugh:

And most other cities in the U.K..

Yep most other cities are equally blighted.

I hate the criminals that do it but also the people that buy the parts that have been nicked, if there was no market for cheap parts there would be no reason to strip the cars in the first place.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

The latest was actually Sutton Coldfield.

Which is a "civil parish in Birmingham" and comes under the control of Birmingham City council. No doubt has a Birmingham postcode too? You maybe need to contact Birmingham Live and have them correct the first paragraph!

I live in Staffordshire Moorlands with a Stoke on Trent address. Same difference.

I live in deepest Cheshire.............with a Crewe postcode :crybaby:

This has been on the increase for some time, hardly gets a mention anywhere, it's all about Cat thefts, I know of one Landcruiser stripped completely, all the interior, bonnet, wings and wheels, they even sprayed the interior of the car with a bleach like substance when they finished so as to get rid of any possible DNA, a proper professional job. The car was written off by the insurance 

29 minutes ago, Hornet3D said:

I hate the criminals that do it but also the people that buy the parts that have been nicked, if there was no market for cheap parts there would be no reason to strip the cars in the first place.

I don't know how it is in the UK, but some insurance companies in France are making a virtue of using recycled parts, which could very easily be "laundered" stolen parts.

Some cars are especially targeted, just to be stripped of parts, because there are so many of them "on" the road, and needing replacement bits.

Sutton Coldfield is indeed in Birmingham, with a B72-76 postcode.

Seems older the car, the less likely owners will buy parts. Newer cars will go through insurance.

Didn't actually say it wasn't in Birmingham - just clarified the town where the issue occurred.

People who live in Birmingham (which I have done all my life) usually refer to Sutton Coldfield as Sutton rather than Birmingham. Same applies to Solihull which has Birmingham postcodes and parts of the Black Country which may have Birmingham, Dudley, Walsall or Wolverhampton postcodes - these are referred to by the town they are within.

9 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Didn't actually say it wasn't in Birmingham - just clarified the town where the issue occurred.

People who live in Birmingham (which I have done all my life) usually refer to Sutton Coldfield as Sutton rather than Birmingham. Same applies to Solihull which has Birmingham postcodes and parts of the Black Country which may have Birmingham, Dudley, Walsall or Wolverhampton postcodes - these are referred to by the town they are within.

Birmingham international airport is actually in Solihull. Some areas in Cov also have Birmingham postcodes.

Warwickshire County cricket club is not in Warwickshire, but in Birmingham.

Crazy.

Wouldn't the alarm go off once a windows been smashed? Not that it'll stop them from taking the parts

44 minutes ago, Campblor said:

Wouldn't the alarm go off once a windows been smashed?

Then again who takes notice of a car alarm going off during daylight, let alone in the early hours.

5 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Then again who takes notice of a car alarm going off during daylight, let alone in the early hours.

Good point. And much like cat thieves these charmers come "tooled up", so you get your head smashed in if you challenge them.

I think the default now is "hear alarm - look the other way"