Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auto Headlights

Jagst

Just had two patch updates done because of a Satnav problem. It would appear to have also solved the auto Headlight sensitivity problem. I asked why these updates had not been done at the 2 year service the week before, but no satisfactory answer given. It would be beneficial for owners to ask for any software updates when putting cars in for service.

1 hour ago, Jagst said:

solved the auto Headlight sensitivity problem

What auto headlight sensitivity problem? 

And, indeed, what Satnav problem?

(I too have a 2020 RAV4 ...)

If you search on this forum you will find comments on automatic headlights being too sensitive and coming on when not required. Even if sensitivity reduced in settings. The Sat Nav just stopped working

1 hour ago, Jagst said:

Just had two patch updates done because of a Satnav problem. It would appear to have also solved the auto Headlight sensitivity problem. I asked why these updates had not been done at the 2 year service the week before, but no satisfactory answer given. It would be beneficial for owners to ask for any software updates when putting cars in for service.

Do they charge extra if updates are done by them, because they can be done by the owner?

No, no charge, took 20 minutes a patch. If everything is ok I wouldn't do anything till next service date. I didn't know about updates till Sat Nav went down.